oh yes.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    oh yes.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    There's one been built in our local woods. Myself and some riding buddies just happened to head past it the other day, and thought we'd give it a go. It was really hard work, but somehow addictive. We'll be going there again tomorrow.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    just found the one in Lee Quarry - I can do 6 laps before I'm knackered... Best work on that.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    tried the one at Llandegla last night, it didn't feel good on the SS - but it has got the old school small flat bars!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    yeah, they are great
  • yep I have to agree they are bloody good fun, lets hope they build one at cannock now the monkey trails finished.
    2015 Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    2014 Canyon Ultimate Al
    2008 Kona Stinky
    2000 Specialized P3
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Pump tracks are brilliant! Shame theres none that close to me though :(
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • They're good for a work out and to hone your skills, but they don't exactly get the adrenaline flowing do they?
  • Duffer
    They're good for a work out and to hone your skills, but they don't exactly get the adrenaline flowing do they?

It's not really what they're about. I just thought it was really good fun, even though a 150mm trail bike is arguably not the ideal machine for the job. Perhaps it's just a novelty, but i was well chuffed to stumble upon it about 20 minutes from my door.

i've been trying to figure out a route that will incorperate it into a loop, with some of the rooty singletrack sections... Oh, and that flight of steps we found... Oh, and the 4ft drop...!

(Weston-Super-Mare might not be top of the list of riding locations, but when the weather is good, there's some bloody good trails in the woods here)
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    I keep meaning to get on the Degla one. always seems really busy though when I go, and dont wanna make a t*t of myself
  • jonnyc2420
    jonnyc2420 Posts: 557
    Duffer - is it in Weston? up on the hill? - if so i might pop up to have a look, not been up there for about 2 years but seem to recall there was some fairly interesting sections that people had spent a lot of time on.......
    i'm in Bridgwater so not too far out of my way! :)
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • Duffer
    Yeah, in weston woods. There's a big dirt jump area next to the toll road (along the coast) and the pump track is immidately up the hill from there. If you're heading up this way and fancy riding with us, PM me. We'll be heading up that way about 7:30 tomorrow evening if you fancy it.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They're good for a work out and to hone your skills, but they don't exactly get the adrenaline flowing do they?

Look for the video of the guy from CRC on the lee quarry track, that looks pretty adrenaline flowing :lol: Or, on a small one do it as a race, or ride a child's bike on one while drunk til you fall off the back.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Duffer
    Northwind wrote:
    Look for the video of the guy from CRC on the lee quarry track, that looks pretty adrenaline flowing :lol:

This one?
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Image0137.jpg

A mere 5 miles from my house. Just far away enough to be annoying to ride to on a bmx. But so worth it.
  • Nah, still not getting it, there's far more exciting stuff in Lee Quarry, although last night there was some crazy trials rider climbing up and jumping off the metal structure at the start if that video.