2 x 14

after 20/25 minutes, my commute has a flat stretch of road allowing 14 minutes at ftp/tt pace both ways without stopping.

I feel I can do this every day and use the other 20 & 25 minutes as recovery/easy tempo and warmup.

6 hours at work allows for sufficient recovery between effort 1 and 2.

for increasing ftp, is it better to do this every day or to do 1 hour of hard tempo work instead? which one will give more increases?? both feel equally taxing.

some cyclists say they can only handle 2x20 twice a week max but I find 1x14 (x2) doable every day and I know I cant go harder. could I possibly be overtraining without knowing?

thanks

Comments

• LJAR
    LJAR Posts: 128
    I think the best thing to do is build into it. The fact that you have a good warmup and cooldown is good too.

Do it once per week and see how you feel, then try it twice per week and maybe go up to thrice per week.

I wouldn't do it every day due to the risk of over training, and boredom TBH. But if you feel that you can do it every day and still go out for a ride on the weekend then go for it.

Take a recovery week once a month or so so the body can adapt to the stress.

(my tuppence anyway, and only 6 hours at work?:D)
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    could I possibly be overtraining without knowing?
    No