PD1000948.jpg

PD1000950.jpg

PD1000951.jpg

PD1000941.jpg

Comments

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    edited May 2010
    The weight on that last shot is 5.0 lbs, I didn't set it exactly according to those luggage scales, which seem to be pretty accurate
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Absolutely gorgeous frame there, really nice attention to detail, gorgeous paintjob and what's more a fantastic price.... really cannot wait to see this built up!

Pretty damn awesome is what it is! 8)
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Those rear end stays are very sexy! :shock:

What are your build plans?
  • blister pus
    Thanks both. Cause I've waited 8 months for the frame I've amassed 8 months worth of sale stuff so it's starting off with a bog standard spec (recon 351, XT gearing, Juicy 3 brakes, Deore chainset, etc) mainly because this is an untested frame and I have no clue how it rides or nuffink. So i'll get it built up as fast as possible and we'll go from there. I'll do a separate build thread with a complete bike build up and price list (this preliminary build hasn't cost that much at all really).

First stop tomorrow is the local bike shop to get the cups and chainset fitted. w00t and YaY :)
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    LoUiS1985 wrote:
    pile of crap

:roll: :?
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    LoUiS1985 wrote:
    pile of crap
    can you justify that please
  • Does it live up to they expectation/hype then?!
    thats the most important questions as you seemed rather excited about it!
  • blister pus
    It's just come back from a protracted experience at the lbs, am also waiting for spacers of all things to start building :?

LoUiS1985 from the original 4.1 lbs I was quoted weight perspective it is crap, I agree. But then I'm not a 10 stone rider and a 5 lbs frame i can live with.

And for all those out there in interweb land doubting those scales, I'll do a little exercise for y'all. I'm satisfied this frame is what the scales say it is. As for other frame weights touted, I really don't know. I'm beginning to draw my own conclusions about this first batch of frames.
  • blister pus
    One 5.0 lbs weight weighed on bathroom scales.

Pd1000960.jpg

Same 5.0 lbs weight weighed on luggage scales

Pd1000965.jpg

One frame plus Deore chainset (scroll down) weighing 7.0 lbs.

Weight of Deore 950g / 2.0 lbs

Pd1000964.jpg

Pd1000963.jpg
  • SSteely:Tom
    SSteely:Tom Posts: 26
    Things on the Sirius front (and I, I admit) have been quiet of late, I know...but, things seemed to have moved on for both of us, bp eh 8)

But, it's good to see your installing various bits 'n' pieces right about now. I got mine last Thursday and I, like yourself, am also getting a local 'cycle-care-and-repair' establishment to fit my headset and bb/cranks (I don't trust myself :lol: )

You didn't fancy going for the Ti Grey in the end then - I must admit, it's not as much of a polished grey as I was expecting, more a metallic slate really...still looks swish though! :wink:

How was the trip to the LBS protracted then mate? Did you mis-inform them or something? :P
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    5lbs is not too shabby at all for a 130mm designed steel frame. Considering the price. Better than the original 5.7 that we thought lol.

Louis, I hope you are joking as the forum doesn't take kind to comments like that.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    That frame has one rather sexy ass!

Out of curiosity, what diameter seat tube do they have?
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    After reading this thread, you've got me checkin out Pipedreams website. I'm keeping my eye out for a new HT frame, and I must admit, I do like the look of the Sirius. It's a shame they're not doing custom colours anymore, not sure I want Kawasaki Green....
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Oh dear God, they make a Ti version! :shock:
  • blister pus
    Tom you'd have been gutted at the weight you made the right decision going with the Ti, me I'm not too arsed at the weight I've got and wanted steel. I can also say that the "Titanium Bling" is grey and mine weighed in at 5.5 / 5.7 and went back, hence the black. The work the lbs did was cleaning up the BB thread which took them longer than anticipated.

Sonic well that's just it you tell me how you can have differing frame weights for the same size frame, in a first production run, what's the obvious thing that comes to mind. And I think Louis was fed the same line as me about weight

Cat it's a standard 27.2 fitting. those rear stays are what made me go with it we'll soon see what it's all about when I go clattering down some nice bad ass rocky paths in the next few days. :)
  • blister pus
    KM with the price increase and the fact that this batch is weighing anywhere from reported 5.0 to 5.5+ lbs I would skip this batch and if you're in the market for a frame when the next batch arrives with different colour options and guaranteed stable weight I would look elsewhere. Like I've said in this thread, my original frame went back because of colour and weight, this one turned out pretty good. It too would have gone back and been replaced with a Sanderson.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Interesting! Not heard of Sanderson before, however I'm checking them out now and I quite like what I see. I think I agree with you that the difference in weight is a bit of a let down (not that it bothers me too much, but it's nice to know it weighs what you're told it weighs).

The Sanderson Breath is saying 'Buy me, BUY ME' Grrr Damn bank account with no money. Still, let us know what it's like once you've built up the Sirius.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • blister pus
    Both Sandersons are good with up to 130mm travel even if they specify 100mm (somewhere) I've demo'd both Breath and Life extensively and really like both, I could happily live with the Breath with an adjustable 130mm travel fork. But I'm doing the Sirius build pix today, separate thread arriving shortly.
  • blister pus
    quick preview and an idea of what the weight is roughly gonna be. that's with seat post and saddle in.

Pdr1000968.jpg

Pdr1000969.jpg

Pdr1000971.jpg
  • SSteely:Tom
    SSteely:Tom Posts: 26
    Well, how about that...6kg already :wink:

I don't think I was clear before bp - I ended up returning to the R853 (after reassessing the finances!) after Stuart, who still wasn't sure on the final balance for the Ti, after I asked him for a final tot-up a fair few times, offered me the R853 at the original price of £225 (- £100 deposit) Getting me sorted and out-of-the-way, I suspect :lol:

But, still thats by-the-by really. Incidentally, my frames in at 2400g and I'm looking at, having totted up total componentry weights, a 23lb bike - and thats with a 1700g wheelset and fork , which is around what I was expecting :) I was, however, anticipating, to be on around 21.5lb with the Ti, but the difference of £400 was put to better use (an Indie Hollowbody of all things unrelated to cycling :lol: )

And, as super says, a total frame weight like that for 130mm travel isn't to be sniffed at. I'll be posting up pictures of mine in due course - unless, of course, I'm having too much fun in the Mud, Sweat and Gears series that's running throughout the Summer 8)
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum!
  • blister pus
    ah. right. with ya. it's all right for you you're building a spaz bike so 23lbs sounds about right. this geared thing of mine is going to wind up around 27lbs. It'll go a fair bit lighter i'm thinking as the upgrading starts though, so the potential is there. we'll see how it rides tomorrow.

probably a smart move splitting between geetar and bike, sounds like a good balancing act was reached. .