Tonights Objective...

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited May 2010 in MTB general
The Manual. :D

I'm gonna go for a street muck about tonight on the Saracen, tis a gorgeous evening and it'd be a waste not to!

So anyone got any good tips?!
I'm gonna have to get used to the standing wheelie 1st... thats hard enough! :lol:

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
  • supersonic wrote:
    Cover back brake lol

hehe... luckily I have one of those, no front though!
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Does manualling ever help when out riding XC or Dh or trails?
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Yes.
  • Does manualling ever help when out riding XC or Dh or trails?
    definately.. it helps get over some obstacles/keep your speed.

Strangely, I can sort of do it out on the trails, just not on the flat street!
  • Oxygen Thief
    Sweet, will give this a blast after I master the bunny hop
  • Well i've just been out mucking around for the past Hour n 20 and managed about 2seconds of manual :lol:

Think I need to commit more, but it was coming near the end :D

Tis hard work keeping speed up on the Saracen... good fun though!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Me too, managed to get over a foot high water bar tonight up hill no problem, I think I may have a tendancy to yank the bars up though, but at least I was on flats tonight so there was no SPD cheating.
    Think I need to commit more, but it was coming near the end
    Think that's my problem as well. Mind you the one time I committed properly I shot off the back :oops: . Landed on my feet though.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Me too, managed to get over a foot high water bar tonight up hill no problem, I think I may have a tendancy to yank the bars up though, but at least I was on flats tonight so there was no SPD cheating.
    Think that's my problem as well. Mind you the one time I committed properly I shot off the back :oops: . Landed on my feet though.

me 3.

I can manual for a max of about 5 seconds, and use the push technique rather than the pull...
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    well, did you crack it?
  • Oxygen Thief
    stumpyjon wrote:

How you do that? manual up to it then hop the back up timing it well? New to all this do just wondering as that sounds pretty hard to me like! :-/
  • well, did you crack it?

Better than expected... reckon a few more practise sessions and i'll ahve it down, once you get used to it its fairly easy to get the wheel up, its just the balancing thats hard!
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    I can never get the bars up properly. :( I try to underweight the bike and lift the bars up using a scooping action, but never seems to work.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    its good to see someone else with a 140mm HT main bike and a street play bike built up out of spares using the street play/hack for a skill building muck about on a nice evening..... i thought i was the only one.

:wink::lol:

i recently discovered a cool spot near me, its a car park with a rectangular turning circle with steep gras slopes on either side and curbs onto the tarmac... its like a really wide really crap halfpipe with curbs before the up slopes. its smooth hop abd flick building mania! you have to turn and pump really hard, and remember to pull a small, smooth hop to avoid p*******ing on the curb..... filled a 1.5 hour play with this, a few manuals, a big sidehop or two, a whipped endo competition with myself, and a few no footer endo's. i also worked on my sprints....

best short ride within 100m of my house in ages!

:lol:
    I like bikes and stuff