Bike Buddies - Telford,Shropshire

haz1766
haz1766 Posts: 6
edited May 2010 in MTB rides
Anybody Local to Telford,Shropshire or surrounding areas ? nearest i can find from looking at some threads is cannock 8)

Haz

Comments

• Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Hiya. The 'slow rides for unfit people' group are visiting Shropshire in June. We have a ride planned starting in Church Stretton on Sunday 27th. I don't know if you fall into the slow/unfit category or if this is local for you but you'd be more than welcome to join us.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • bennaylor
    bennaylor Posts: 52
    hi Haz

I'm from Telford, there are plenty of being cycling around the area. Let me know if you wanna catch up some time.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hiya, I'm Gaz of the biking group the HOMBRES, (hungover mountain bikers recreational entertainment society) we ride as a group about once a month and we are of a wide range of abilities. Our group rides are more a social thing, usually at trail centres, but theres no pressure on anyone to be good, just enjoy the day. The bulk of us are based in Wolverhampton and outlying bits of the West Mids, and you are welcome to join us any time. The best way is via facebook, the link is at on my signature on here
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • haz1766
    Cheers Everyone,

Im in the market to get a new bike asap so ill join in on some action

Haz
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    another Shropshire boy here.

Can recommend cycling with Ben, as he always does a comedy crash! :lol:
  • bennaylor
    bennaylor Posts: 52
    Haven't done any comedy crashes for a bit, but do seem to ride out of control alot.

How about Llandegla on Wednesday night? or are you turning into a roadie?

What new bike are you going to get Haz?
  • tlw1
    Up for Llandegla on Wednesday.

The orange is in need of a service so it will be the SS - so bear with me on the downhills!

Turning into a roadie.......... suppose I deserve that!
  • tlw1
    or could be on the orange if anyone is able to fir brake pads quickly - because if I tried we would need lights! :oops:
  • haz1766
    Yay another Telforder :lol:

Im not too sure on what bike to get, been looking at a Norco Atomik or specalized big hit, Dont know if they will be a bit overkill tho ?

Haz