My First Road Bike: RIbble 7005SL Sloping Carbon Rear Stays

itssam
itssam Posts: 31
edited May 2010 in Your road bikes
Haven't been riding for a few years, sister and brother in law convinced me to convert to a roadie...

finally got the bike together after receiving it Monday and taken it out for a quick test run - seems to be all working nicely although I do need a bit more practice with the look pedals, not having the best time getting into them!

IMG_0603.jpg

speck wise its full Campagnolo Veloce with 10 Spd compact double and Campagnolo Khamsin clinchers

needs some fettling to get everything setup right - the saddle is a little low and i need to change the bar angle - are there any guides to setting up road bikes.

Comments

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Nice and understated that.
    Never a fan of coloured tyres.
    If that's your first road bike you've got a good looking and probably good performing set up there.
    First timer that's not Trek, Spesh, Scott, Giant etc... Chapeau sir.
    Can I ask how much it cost you ?
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    nice bike do not like white tyres,but it suits the overall look,have fun with it
    going downhill slowly
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    Saddle looks a little low for a frame that size.
  • itssam
    itssam Posts: 31
    Galatzo wrote:
    Nice and understated that.
    Never a fan of coloured tyres.
    If that's your first road bike you've got a good looking and probably good performing set up there.
    First timer that's not Trek, Spesh, Scott, Giant etc... Chapeau sir.
    Can I ask how much it cost you ?

Thanks, i did take a bit of a gamble with the ribble instead of the traditional route but never been one to do things normally ;)

The coloured tyres are a bit tartie but was going for some co-ordination :) I doubt I'll be keeping them white when up for replacement.

Cost wise it was just under a grand by bought through C2W...

Seat wise it was too low then - having taking it our for a bit longer i've got the saddle a decent amount higher and the bars turned up a bit more now and its allot more comfortable. Need to get the cleats properly set up now, seriously struggling to get into the pedals :(