MTB spraypainters

potent
potent Posts: 40
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Hi there, I'm looking to give my Gary Fisher Sugar a fresh paint job and wondered whether anyone knew of reputable companies who are based in Berkshire and who don't charge the earth to rejuvenate my baby!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Byron

Comments

• Do Argos in Bristol still offer a reasonably priced re-spray service?
    Cotic Soul
    Cotic BFe
    Cotic Road Rat
    Orange Patriot (2006 version)
  • mfereborn
    mfereborn Posts: 480
    Powdercoating would be the most durable finish; if i may suggest that :wink:

Assuming its metal anyway!
    The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Personally I'd post it to Triple S. There's no shortage of good powdercoaters but you need to know you're dealing with one- otherwise there's a decent chance you'll end up posting on here asking how to get powdercoat out of a BB shell ;)

Argos do beautiful work, but I'd go with powdercoat myself, it's very durable and deals with impacts better in my experience.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Bit harsh gents, considering the OP was asking for comments on reputable companies rather than anything that Google can throw up!
    It is much better to ask on here for recommendations and experiences rather than just googling...
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Ads4 wrote:
    Bit harsh gents, considering the OP was asking for comments on reputable companies rather than anything that Google can throw up!
    It is much better to ask on here for recommendations and experiences rather than just googling...

I wasn't being harse at all.... ;):cry:

I always google things and sling some phonecalls around after......
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    Northwind wrote:
    Personally I'd post it to Triple S. There's no shortage of good powdercoaters but you need to know you're dealing with one- otherwise there's a decent chance you'll end up posting on here asking how to get powdercoat out of a BB shell ;)

Argos do beautiful work, but I'd go with powdercoat myself, it's very durable and deals with impacts better in my experience.

when i got my mates done i left an old bb in the shell
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I'd send it off to argos, we use them at the lbs for everything, the jobs are excellent but if you want something tougher forgo the local powdercoaters, they can be great, but you need to know their work, and get argos to use the 2 part epoxy paints.

Seriously hard wearing.
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    Northwind wrote:

Do you mean Triple S in West Yorkshire?

If so, that's very weird!

I was looking to powdercoat my Spesh last year and just picked the first one I like the look of near where I live - which was Triple S.

I emailed Specialized to see whether they would honour my warranty if I had it sprayed by them, to which they said they would and that the company looked like it produced some good stuff!

I thought they were just a local run of the mill powdercoaters, i'll defo use them next time i need a bike done if they have a good reputation elsewhere
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yup, that's the one. They've got a great history for motorbike and show car work, which is how I know them, but they know pushbikes as well.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    DAMMIT!!!!

Now I've seen this thread I quite like the idea of getting my 456 re-done in black with orange decals.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I'll bring it offshore for you sand blast it then get it sprayed for you Yellow :)
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Cheers for this guys, i'm thinking of having a frame powdercoated and i think i'll have to give triple s a call!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5