peddles?

davidm82
davidm82 Posts: 34
edited May 2010 in MTB general
just boight trek 6300 and only thing wanna change soon is peddles, can any one recommend any? not over £ 35.00

Comments

• Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    I love my Gusset slim jims. Really low profile and nice and wide too - cheap to boot... simples.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Wellgo MG1 or if after sometihng burlier, the Wellgo B54.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    edited May 2010
    I would recommend Wellgos or for super grip, these http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... edals_2007

its pedals btw, just a pet hate of mine, peddles :twisted: :roll:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Torres wrote:
    I love my Gusset slim jims. Really low profile and nice and wide too - cheap to boot... simples.
    Sealed ones though.
  • davidm82
    davidm82 Posts: 34
    cheers just ordered the dmr v12s,
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    thel33ter wrote:
    I would recommend Wellgos or for super grip, these http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... edals_2007

I have had x2 sets of V12s (Magensium and normal).... shitty bearings and lasted all of a year (if that)

NOT that grippy, and not worth the money.

You do know that Wellgo make them for DMR?

Money not spent well TBH
  • sdalby
    sdalby Posts: 139
    thel33ter wrote:

I have had x2 sets of V12s (Magensium and normal).... shitty bearings and lasted all of a year (if that)

NOT that grippy, and not worth the money.

You do know that Wellgo make them for DMR?

Money not spent well TBH

I've had V12's for 3 years, the same pair. Just need a bit of grease every now and again.

Amazingly grippy with the right shoes...or anything with a sole.

And the ones branded as Wellgo are a lot cheaper made, even if they are in fact the 'original'.
    Never put off until tomorrow something that you can do today. 'Cause if you do it today, and like it, the you can do it again tomorrow!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    All the difference is is a smoother finished cage and the pin system - the wellgo uses a phillips driver from the opposite side.
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    +1 for the B54s
  • armymankin
    armymankin Posts: 213
    just bought myself a pair of MG1, i dont regret it at all.
    super light in weight,
    as in grip, i reckon they r grippier than my old wellgo V8 (which i think would be very simular to v12)
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    supersonic wrote:
    All the difference is is a smoother finished cage and the pin system - the wellgo uses a phillips driver from the opposite side.

I find the screw through pins not to have as much grip, I like DMR V8s and use teflon grease, a service every six months or so and they are so smooth also come in good colours too. I really want to use straitlins but would be too gutted if I curbed them or hit them against a rock :o
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Rosco454
    Rosco454 Posts: 17
    I havnt had them on the bike yet but i bought a set of dmr v8s yesterday.

They seem pretty decent for the money,only negative thing i could find was that the bearings aren't 100% silky smooth & the grease supplied is nowhere near enough but thats a minor issue.Overall i would say good value for money (£26 from local bike shop) although my shins are shaking with fright in anticipation of the first ride on them!

Cheers Ross.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Rosco454 wrote:

They seem pretty decent for the money,only negative thing i could find was that the bearings aren't 100% silky smooth & the grease supplied is nowhere near enough but thats a minor issue.Overall i would say good value for money (£26 from local bike shop) although my shins are shaking with fright in anticipation of the first ride on them!

Cheers Ross.

They need'nt (is that actually a word?) worry, cause your feet won't fall off :D
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • chris_sw
    chris_sw Posts: 100
    thel33ter wrote:
    Rosco454 wrote:

Cheers Ross.

They need'nt (is that actually a word?) worry, cause your feet won't fall off :D
    Unless you're on a hard tail and the back of your bike kicks up launching you up in the air, came back down with one foot on the pedal, and the other pedal in my shin, still got the scar...

No fault of the pedals mind you, just my lack of skill :p Never actually slipped off them, great grip.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Rosco454 wrote:

Cheers Ross.

Yeah my last pair need more grease, but they do bed in after a bit just keep topping up the grease.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll: