best method to clean out water bottles

speshyalex
speshyalex Posts: 62
hi, just wondering how people clean their bottles, after for instance sis rego. i rinse straight after finishing but as many times as i wash them they still smell....?
cheers :D

Comments

• antikythera
    antikythera Posts: 326
    I once saw a maintenance guy from a water company clean a water dispenser with chlorine. I had a chat with him and he explained that the chlorine breaks down in sunlight making it safe to use after (Yes the dispenser was near a window).

Since that time I've soaked my bottles in a chlorine solution for a few hours, then wash them in dish washing detergent.
  • milton strerelising fluid, its used on babies milk bottles and does not have a bleachy aftertaste.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Take off, nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    False teeth cleaning tablets. You can get a tube of 20 from Tesco for 59p. Fill bottle with warm water chuck in a tablet and it will fizz up as it dissolves. Leave for half an hour rinse out, let it dry and it will be fresh as a daisy. Works on drink bladders as well.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • bennj
    bennj Posts: 76
    stubs wrote:
    False teeth cleaning tablets. You can get a tube of 20 from Tesco for 59p. Fill bottle with warm water chuck in a tablet and it will fizz up as it dissolves. Leave for half an hour rinse out, let it dry and it will be fresh as a daisy. Works on drink bladders as well.

+1 works better than anything else! :D
    STOP!......... Carry on!

Roadie FCN 2
    when commuting FCN 5
    MTB FCN 10
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    DesWeller wrote:
    Take off, nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Hey des, have you ever been mistaken for a man. :lol:
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X