Riding Buddy for Quantocks/ Exmoor

scars
scars Posts: 360
edited May 2010 in MTB rides
Hey all,

Fairly new to South Somerset and im looking for a few bods to go riding with. Im based in Taunton but drive so im prepared to travel, my local trails are the Quantocks but the edges of Exmoor arent far either.

Generally ride whatever the terrain calls for, so typically Aggressive XC

anyone???

Cheers

Comments

• I live in south bristol - hit the quantocks now and again, possibly going this sunday?

PM me if you're about
  • sharki
    sharki Posts: 14
    Hi Scars, Quantocks local here and quite a few more to be found on STW.

An aggressive singlespeeder, i get out at the moment every other weekend and when the evenings get lighter a few times in the evenings per week.

Mail me on mtbsharki@yahoo.co.uk and we could arrange a ride,i try to get down o Dartmoor a fair bit too.
    Sharki
  • scars
    Hi Sharki Email sent,

Unfortunately due to a combination between an overly laidback ebay bike womble and our ever so relaible post service im left without a front brake so this weekend will have to be put on ice. :(
  • mikebert4
    mikebert4 Posts: 93
    Heya Scars,

I'm based in Taunton too, and though still fairly new to the area I tend to get out to the Quantocks maybe 5 days in 7 - gotta learn the hills somehow!

Very much into the agressive XC, I live for the long swooping downhills in the Quantocks (not so much for the climbs, mind)

Drop me a line at mikebert4 [at] gmail [dot] com and we'll see if we can't arrange a ride?

M
    "I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."
  • im also based in taunton and often up on the quontocks & other routes arond taunton dont think i will be out this weekend though as her indoors as got me decorating :shock:
  • scars
    Sounds good where in Taunton you based? when you free next?

I work shifts so find myself free in the week a fair bit if thats any good to you

mikebert4 - dropped you an email :)
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    Exeter based and hit Exmoor/Dartmoor/Tocks when I can.

PM me you fancy joining us.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • scars, pm sent
  • scars
    Back at you mate :)
  • kevsurf
    kevsurf Posts: 3
    Hi Guys

I've recently moved back to Taunton for a few months and also interested in hooking up with some dudes for Quantocks/Exmoor rides. Just had my first ride up there for a few years on Monday and the singletrack is looking good!

Going to Wales this weekend but maybe be able to fit a ride in one week day next week... anyone up for that?

Cheers,
    Kev