High 5 4:1 energy drink

JimmyK
JimmyK Posts: 712
Ive just ordered a 1.6kg drum of this stuff in citrus flavour from wiggle. does anybody use it or has used it and can comment on how they found it to be please.

the missus gave off stink over me paying 20 quid for it, im hoping it provides a steady supply of energy to the ole leg muscles.

Comments

• rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    If you go back to the page you ordered it from then you will find 82 reviews waiting for you to read already Jimmy..
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    you could point out that it is useful in maintaining health, fitness, long life, mental performance, resistance to mental health issues and a trim waist and buttocks.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I really like the High 5 stuff and have used 4:1 for a long time, as an energy drink for both running and cycling. No ill effects ever found, for me, and the taste is good IMHO. I prefer the citrus over the summer fruits but they are both good IMHO. If you get it at a good price I think its a good choice. I havent used everything on the market but have no desire to actually buy any alternatives. Their Protein Recovery drink in chocolate is also good IMHO, and can be mixed with water rather than milk if preferred.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • JimmyK
    Bigpikle wrote:
    I really like the High 5 stuff and have used 4:1 for a long time, as an energy drink for both running and cycling. No ill effects ever found, for me, and the taste is good IMHO. I prefer the citrus over the summer fruits but they are both good IMHO. If you get it at a good price I think its a good choice. I havent used everything on the market but have no desire to actually buy any alternatives. Their Protein Recovery drink in chocolate is also good IMHO, and can be mixed with water rather than milk if preferred.

i really like lemon citrus flavours, those berry ones aint for me at all, too sickly sweet.Do you find the high 5 contributes noticably to your energy levels whilst on a bike ?
  • Rapha
    Rapha Posts: 86
    Best drink on the market IMO. I used to use just maltodextrin and when I tried 4:1 I found a noticeable improvement in energy levels and recovery.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    JimmyK wrote:
    Ive just ordered a 1.6kg drum of this stuff in citrus flavour from wiggle. does anybody use it or has used it and can comment on how they found it to be please.

the missus gave off stink over me paying 20 quid for it, im hoping it provides a steady supply of energy to the ole leg muscles.

Been using 4:1 for ages and find it very good. Always use it on Sportives too and much prefer using my own compared to the usual watered down crap you normally get at events. Oh, and unless you're spending money you don't have, can I recommend growing a pair regarding your misses and the £20.

;-)
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    JimmyK wrote:
    i really like lemon citrus flavours, those berry ones aint for me at all, too sickly sweet.Do you find the high 5 contributes noticably to your energy levels whilst on a bike ?

I cant honestly say I notice the impact of any product, but can say I have ridden a lot of miles this year, using 4:1 in all the long/hard efforts, and have never had any energy issues other than from my general fitness. I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable and competent at managing my energy levels though...
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • mentalalex
    mentalalex Posts: 266
    i have used a large range of different energy drinks, HIgh 5 SiS Zip Vit etc....

I race a lot mainly MTB, do some road thou.

and the best stuff i have used is YOUR SPORTS FUEL

http://www.yoursportsfuel.com/Blank.html.

check it out, its mint taste, and doesn't sit in your stomach,
    I do science, sometimes.
  • what brakes
    what brakes Posts: 328
    I use High 5 4:1 and think its the best tasting stuff about although the lucozade is better tasting! ive tried pretty much all flavours of sis, vit, and a couple of others that i cant think of the names and High 5 is the best so far.

their gels are also the best tasting and easiest to consume as they arent as thick as most others.

The best tasting recovery drink ive come across is the lucozade stuff! in tropical. mmmmm
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    Hi there.

I've been using High-5 for a lonnnnnnng time, at least 10 years. I think the stuff I drank before the 4:1 came out was just maltodextrin in a hawaiin tropic flavour, pretty much the same as the current citrus taste.

My body had now been trained in a pavlovian manner to crave the high-5 flavour when it's low on enegry - nothing else will do!

Cheers, Andy
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    mentalalex wrote:
    check it out, its mint taste, and doesn't sit in your stomach,

where else would it sit..? :shock:

Can't see any mint flavour on there either....
  • mentalalex
    mentalalex Posts: 266
    Well your funny......... :!:
    I do science, sometimes.
  • JimmyK
    my 1.6 kg tub of high 5 came today, didnt realise it was so big ......fnaar fnaar, now how to hide it from the wife :!:
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    The best tasting recovery drink ive come across is the lucozade stuff! in tropical. mmmmm

Didn't like the Lucozade tropical recovery. Too sweet, sickly and watery. Prefer taste and texture of SIS Rego.
    Best energy drink for me is bikefood Orange or Berry
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=9090

I've ordered of this company before and have been good. Its on offer and cheaper than wiggle at the moment. Postage is free too.
    ps I don't work for them.