How long to get round red and black route at llandegla

piker
piker Posts: 353
edited May 2010 in Routes
So how long to get round the red route with black sections as well,first time i went it took me 3 1/2 hours with a rest at the top of most climbs :oops: .Last time it took just under three hours with less rests.
Just wondering what time others do it in/what is a goal for an average fitness level.

Comments

• omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Lots of claims from people to doing the black in less than 1 hour, The climb to the top before the rollercoaster can be done in under ½ hour if you have a high level of fitness.

I would say most people average 1 ½ to 2 hours
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Took the 4 of us about a day to do the black :lol:

To be fair, most of that day was spent perving on each others bikes and jabbering away like old fishwives.

I reckon if you wanted to really push for a quick time instead of just taking it easy and having a natter etc, 90min would be achievable for most people. That climb is not steep, and it's dead smooth so you can hold a fairly decent speed up it. Then just treat the way down as 1 long section rather than several shorter ones.
    Maybe add another 10mins or so if you're doing the jump section.

Of course, I've only been once, so all the above is more than likely horse-shlt :lol: