What is this retro bike??

twiceforluck
twiceforluck Posts: 7
edited May 2010 in Your road bikes
Can you help identify this bike? It's an old Peugeot racer, prob mid-late 80s. I found it in a work colleagues garage today and though it might be worth something as it's in good nick, everything works perfect.

It's the team race edition (might be able to see the number still on it in the photo), with Campagnolo shifters, hubs etc. Let me know what you think, might offer him £50 for it!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/114691088 ... /20100508#

Cheers

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Cheers, I had a look at that yesterday but this particular bike isn't on it. It looks most like the P10 style, but is slightly different because of components etc.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Got to be worth at least 3 times your £50 on Ebay! That's a nice bike.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Its a PX10 DU - the Peugeot - labelled version of the Vitus Duralinox 979 alloy frame (as used by Sean Kelly,among others). If the frame is in good nick, it'll be worth a bit more than £50. However, they are quite flexible and the epoxied joints do have a habit of failing.

A search on ebay for the Vitus equivalent might be more succesful in indicating prices.

(Jammy git :wink: )
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    I was a bit confused on the era at first as the chainset is a much later model than the rear mech. As this is an all alloy model, the bike is a PX 10 DU. See 1983 Fr.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Cheers everyone, it seems to be a 979 then. I might take it anyway as he's not using it, but I'm still planning on getting a new road bike next month :-)
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Cheers everyone, it seems to be a 979 then. I might take it anyway as he's not using it, but I'm still planning on getting a new road bike next month :-)

Do him a real favour and persuade him to use it.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    bring back the 80s
    going downhill slowly