Lapierre or Chumba?

PeteO
PeteO Posts: 15
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
I am new here so a big hello to all!!!!!!
I wanted to buy a Lapierre Zesty frame only but dont think they sell them? But came across the Chumba VF2 which visually looks identical? anybody know much about these?
Progressive Bike import them.
Garry Fisher Cake
Cube Limited Team
Marin Riftzone
Monoc TC2

Comments

• M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Chumba look awesome, I'd definitely have one if I had the cash
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Contact either Hotlines who are the UK distributor or We Love Lapierre who probably the UK's biggest retailer....they should be able to source a frame for you....

One other worth a look is the Turner 5 Spot...Merlin have them on sale at £1,500....great frame that got great reviews in MBUK
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • PeteO
    Top man will do, thanks for that!
    Garry Fisher Cake
    Cube Limited Team
    Marin Riftzone
    Monoc TC2
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    I'd contact si at progressive bikes www.progressive-bikes.co.uk - he's the importer for chumba. also look on STW as he's a regular contributor on there and he seems to have plenty of satisfied customers recommending them on there. he's also got some great rolling chassis / frame and fork deals on his website.
  • PeteO
    I have contacted Si and he has offered me a good deal on a rolling chassis, I just wanted to hear what people thought of these frame before I parted with me cash!!!!
    Garry Fisher Cake
    Cube Limited Team
    Marin Riftzone
    Monoc TC2
  • I'll put in a vote for the VF2. I just purchased one, and I really like it. Coming from a rocky mountain, I found it more plush, yet very agile. I would get the talas fork if possible. A few extra ponies for a lot more adjustability.