Sherwood Pines

chrisga
chrisga Posts: 587
edited May 2010 in Routes
A few of us are thinking of going to Sherwood Pines tomorrow. Never been there before, it will be a bit of a drive to get there. Is it worth it?

What are the trails there like? Which bike should I take - is the Enduro overkill, will the 456 be ample?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Sherwood pines is great for a blast, the 456 will be more than ample for the red route and blue (your typical woodsy singletrack affair) if you want to see some vids/maps/photos of pines have a look at the link in my sig.

Bearing in mind you say it takes a while to get to pines from where you are, the red route will only take you about an hour and the blue less. The best stuff is not way marked and without a local can be hard to find! Where are you travelling from? There may be an better option for a day somewhere? I travel about an hour to get there but it's because it the nearest "best" riding to me.
  • ctrlaltdel
    ctrlaltdel Posts: 114
    I was planning on having a go around sherwood pines this weekend myself, but a cracked frame has put paid to that :(. As hoochylala says, the red/blue routes are woodsy singletrack so anything beyond an xc/general trail bike is going to be overkill. That being said, it's a fairly entertaining hack, especially now the trails have stopped resembling bogs (this weekends downpours may have changed it all back to the soggy state it was before, however).
  • paully617
    paully617 Posts: 139
    chrisga, where are you travelling from then??
    Trek Remedy 9.8 2013