the illusive healey nab

bobcheese
bobcheese Posts: 343
edited May 2010 in Routes
Hello Guys n Gals,

I hope someone can help me find the trails at Healey Nab. I know where the 'Nab' is itself but I would like to know where the trails start etc. I had a drive up today to the white coppice area but the lack of parking foiled my search. I heard that most people ride from rivington but I am new to rivington too.

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    we park inbetween the 2 resavoirs anglezark and upper rivington near the yewtree pub..
    turn right at the yewtree pub follow the road for a mile pluss you will come to some cottages on your left (a row of cottages) just after these you will see a farm( riding schhol) with stables on you right ( it's set back off the road) turn right down the tarmac drive way towards the farm/stables just before you hit the gates there's a bridle way on your left take this follow it you will eventually start to climb as you get towards the top of the hill you will see a sign for healynab memorial forest just after this you will see a bridleway on the left take it go up and around the quarry. a path will fork left and you will see a gate head towards this gate,. go through it and up the hill (at the side of the dry stone wall) as you reach the top (you will see a rock tarn thing on the left were the wall is knackered) there is a gap in the trees on your right follow this path and you will hit the trail head for both trails at the nab..
    i have poasted a link with a map on here before for the nab...
    there is also a few vids on youtube and vimeo of healy nab..
    good luck..