New cycling App for the iPhone/Touch/Pad

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited May 2010 in MTB general
http://www.apposing.co.uk/
The Steve Peat DH MTBing game will be released for the iPhone and iPad in June. It includes a virtual bike shop.

iPhone app developer Apposing of Liverpool is to release a downhill mountain biking game for the iPhone, iPod Touch and the new iPad. Sheffield's Steve Peat fronts the game but other real-life pro riders will be added to the app after its launch.

The launch of the app will take place just before the 2010 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup event at Fort William, Scotland on 5-6th June.

Apposing's game has DH MTB courses from across the globe, thumping music, and a 3D bike shop so players can accessorise with the latest virtual kit.

David Brown, MD of Apposing, said: "Being the first app of its kind, 'Steve Peat - Downhill Mountain Biking' takes full advantage of Apple's technology by providing players with unique interactivity capturing the fast and frantic game-play derived from this extreme sport."

As yet there's no details on pricing for the game.

The game joins an ever growing list of iTunes-sourced apps for cycling. In May, the Bike Hub levy scheme will launch a journey planning app for the iPhone. This will auto-locate nearest bike shops and is aimed at new and hesitant cyclists.
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    oh man that sounds cooooool :D
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    lawman wrote:

Does it?!
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Never really understood the appeal of cycling games. That said, I really used to like snowboarding games.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    lawman wrote:

Does it?!

well yer, as a student im stuck with a fair few hours of nothing to do so having my i pod is a blessing, so an mtb game would be great fun, especially if it has real world tracks
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    The marketing machine rolls on... but still, sounds good. Its something else for me to waste my time with on my iphone when I should be doing other things :)
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    I tried one of those arcade mountainbiking games years ago.

strained my groin :oops:

needs to have a WiFi turbotrainer connection for "realism" :D

/edit; I bet biking on an Ipad is better than biking on a bike
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    looks a bit tame... TBH.. these games are always lame.. its an overly complicated thing to try and portray on a small phone with tilt controls... some have managed it OK, but im not sure if this will be any good....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • vengeance111
    vengeance111 Posts: 137
    i hope it will be like 2xl sx with the handle bar views and the realistic falling of when you crash
    now that is a great iphone game :D:D:D
  • His line is way of in that 3rd pic.