Am I coming down with "man flu"

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
Went to work at 5.30am, fine up until about 11.00 then, bang. It felt like someone had pulled the plug out, total loss of strength, nose starts running, sneezing, headache, basically start feeling sh1t.

Got home 2.30 and took some sudafed, it seems to be helping but I just can't wait to go to bed really (and not for sexual gymnastics either)

What a whimp. Just hope I feel better tommorrow I'll just have to keep you lot company this evening. :)
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Went to work at 5.30am, fine up until about 11.00 then, bang. It felt like someone had pulled the plug out, total loss of strength, nose starts running, sneezing, headache, basically start feeling sh1t.

Got home 2.30 and took some sudafed, it seems to be helping but I just can't wait to go to bed really (and not for sexual gymnastics either)

What a whimp. Just hope I feel better tommorrow I'll just have to keep you lot company this evening. :)

Just take it easy Frank. Man-flu is fairly serious and must be treated cautiuosly. Lots of soup and toasties, wrap a hot towel round your head and lots of naps. make sure Mrs Tank knows you are ill by telling her every 10 minutes and can she fetch you something. The benylin night time capsules are good as well fo night time. :wink:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    I think the runny nose symptom alone would be an indication that you have man flu. :wink:
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    I am sorry Frank but this sounds far more serious than man flu. Could even be ride threatening.

With my medical knowledge - I know some one who works in a Hospital - you should ring for an ambulance and get yourself to A&E ASAP.

I'm sure they will give you every care and attention and treat you really well. :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    It's typical of a woman to take the p1ss. It is an irrefutable scientific fact* that Man-flu is more painful than childbirth!!

*(Based on a survey of over 100,000 men.)
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    My mum (who was a nurse) says man flu is deadly and as such you should lie in bed wrapped in tin foil for 3 weeks, avoiding all contact with the outside world. She also says you should drink 6 pints of guinness a day along with eating loads of bacon butties with brown sauce and make sure you tell everyone you know that you have a disease much worse than ebola at every opportune moment.
  • bikey2009
    bikey2009 Posts: 121

Hey Frank,

I went to bed at about 10:00pm the end of March feeling fine, less than 2 hours later I was wide awake with the same symptoms as you. Didn't sleep for the rest of the night , called in sick at 04:00 in the morning. I had two weeks off work, went back while not feeling 100%. I've had two different courses of antibiotics and finally have had a chest x-ray today.

I've not been on the bike for the last five weeks, even getting out of breath and having coughing fits when walking a brisk pace. :cry: advice would to be go to your GP if it lasts longer than a week. I think my condition may be called superman flu :( but I hope not
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    Man flu, I feel sorry for you, ive also had superman flu for 3 months. Rest up for a week and get some vit and min down ya neck and plenty of fluids. Having that long off the bike does you NO favours.....
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I've had Man Flu for at least 35 years. It's a trial, but what can one do but bravely struggle on?
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Well, thanks for that boys and girls. Got up this morning after a suprisingly good nights kip had a good bowl of cereal and cuppa, two sudafed and went out on the bike. I thought it'll either kill or cure me.

The good news (for me at least) is I'm not dead :D it seems to have done the trick and I feel a lot better now. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.