SS HT frame.

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
Aside from the Scandal/Inbred at On-One, what other cheapish SS (horizontal/slot dropout frames) are there?
Have they stopped the 29er Scandal slot btw? not on their webby :(

I just dunno what to look for!

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    not another idea that never comes to realisation ben! :wink::lol:

what about a cotic Soda (i think its the soda they def do a singlespeed) or a singualar, or a genesis Io... i think WMB did a singlespeed test a while back, try the reviews section of this site...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • hehe yup.

Given up on a DH bike :lol: sold my saint cranks/mech/shifter so its stopped me being silly and buying a FS :P

Been lloking at that Sanderson Soloist, but the BB is weird!
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Can't you run the p7 as a singlespeed? :wink:

If not, cotic simple is lovely, charge duster ss and genesis IO are full single speed bikes, but you might be able to find a frame on the bay; or buy a full bike and swap parts out.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    If you're a "hefty" chap I'd point you towards an EBB style singlespeed such as the Dialled Love/Hate or Sanderson Soloist rather than horizontal dropouts.

Personally I could never get horizontal dropouts tight enough to stop it slipping under extreme loading, even with Surly Tugnuts on both sides and the original push screws fitted. It got to the point where I was holding back on hills I could clear because I didn't trust the set-up.

In contrast my EBB set up has been much, much more reliable and easier to set-up after punctures etc etc.

If you're not 16st in your riding kit and willing to bounce on the cranks to clear that last bit of climb then you'll probably be fine, most people are.