Cavendish removed from Tour of Romandie

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
Seems like his boss's are not impressed by his wiining gesture.
I would have thought a good old punch or even a double punch in the air would have sufficed. I think he is a massive talent, but cannot take to him at all. If he is one of the representatives of Britain within cycling then he has got to control his immaturity and attitude a bit better.
Rant over.

Comments

• Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited April 2010
    Or there's Harvey Smith's famous "V" for victory (aimed at judges who said before the event that he had no chance of winning the British Show Jumping Derby).

harvey-smith.jpg
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Weird how it means victory here in the states. Presidents use it. Hmmmmmmm...
    maybe they are, in reality, flipping us off.
    Now, single middle finger seems to be pretty universal for use all around the world.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    What did he do?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Steve_b77 wrote:
    What did he do?

Pictures speak louder than words in this instance.

Mark-Cavendish-006.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    RichN95 wrote:
    Steve_b77 wrote:
    What did he do?

Pictures speak louder than words in this instance.

Mark-Cavendish-006.jpg

huge thread on it on the pro race section
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

huge thread on it on the pro race section

I know. I've had my say.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Too many people choose to be offended too often. Cav stuck the forks up... so fucking what?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Surely the point of the gesture was to offend. Just have to hope he wouldn't have done it during a bigger race.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I wasn't offended. I chose not to be.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    "Up yours, you foreign b@stards"

Nothing wrong with that.
  • MadammeMarie
    MadammeMarie Posts: 621
    dennisn wrote:
    Now, single middle finger seems to be pretty universal for use all around the world.

It depends on the position of your hand. If the back of your had is towards your face, that's an insult
  • MadammeMarie
    He's turning into a little a***hole. Shame, cos he's a great cyclists, and HOT! :wink:
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    He's turning into a little a***hole. Shame, cos he's a great cyclists, and HOT! :wink:
    He wouldn't be any good for you, he finishes too quickly :wink:
  • MadammeMarie
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    He wouldn't be any good for you, he finishes too quickly :wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'd take him anyway!
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    he will be back,on top in july
    going downhill slowly
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Meanwhile Valverde is still racing!! :evil:
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389

+1 (ignoring the 'HOT' bit!!!)

He's a prima dona... Just needs to grow up a bit.
    Regardless of his reasoning, that is not how you best represent your sponsors... :roll:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    The amount of shit Cav has had to listen too,Thats his way of say f$ck you lot am still the best.
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • Anonymous
    benjboy wrote:
    The amount of shoot Cav has had to listen too,Thats his way of say f$ck you lot am still the best.

That what you just said contradicts your little signature saying, does it not ?
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    Sorry i just thought an english man doing well in cycling deserved to be stood up for.
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • Anonymous
    benjboy wrote:
    Sorry i just thought an english man doing well in cycling deserved to be stood up for.

He isn't doing that well, seeing that by his stupidity he has been pulled from the race by his team.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    It's not the way your palm is facing it's the way you flip it.
    Just check wartime pictures, leaders using it as V for Victory which every way their palm is.

His face though says it's meant as offensive.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    I would say and so what? But he's made made himself to look a bit of a prat there. Shame because he's an awesome rider. (quite cute too) :lol:
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    benjboy wrote:
    The amount of shoot Cav has had to listen too,Thats his way of say f$ck you lot am still the best.

That's the way of a child...

Best way to respond to critics is by delivering the goods, and then quietly going about your way...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Anonymous
    I'm not mortally offended. I am not judging him for his gesture.

Its just when you have the British cycling press giving him a lot of page coverage, verbal endorsements and us as cycling fans looking for a champion, this was not the behaviour of a champion. When every gesture is scrutinised and put under the microscope, like us on here, 12 pages of rhetoric later not attesting to his cycling ability and talent but over his winning celebration is to tell all and sundry to Fcuk off, he is an embarrasment, mainly to the fans who want him to be great.

I copied this post from the pro race section, just think its apt how I feel. :wink:
  • Diogenes
    Diogenes Posts: 1,628
    A precocious talent, he not only has the fans looking up to him but he is being paid a fortune to represent his sponsors who have, rightly in my view, taken a dim view of his juvenile behaviour. Like any errant child, a swift slap down may teach him a valuable lesson. Lets hope he comes out a more mature chap and uses his undoubted ability to prove his critics wrong.

D :D
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    dennisn wrote:

It depends on the position of your hand. If the back of your had is towards your face, that's an insult

Not completly true

churchill.jpg

It's the mannor in which it's done, Churchill (I would imagine) isn't swearing here, but if you look at Cav's pic he appears to be doing it in a more offensive way.

It seems to be a general rule in British sport that if you show yourself up and do something offensive you'll get penalised. Ashley Mckenzie got a ban from judo for a while after giving the middle finger after losing a fight.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Arrogance and ability a sure fire winning combination.Go get em Cav. :wink:
    bagpuss
  • Anonymous
    bagpusscp wrote:
    Arrogance and ability a sure fire winning combination.Go get em Cav. :wink:

he can't, his team have pulled him out. :?
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I actually went off him in the TDF last year.