slightly wider platform pedals?

mudsucker
mudsucker Posts: 730
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
I'm currently running some DMR V12mags on my Stumpy fsr and i find when i pedal i only have my feet on the pedals half way, in that i only use the outside of the pedals as this is what i find most comfortable. If i try to bring my feet in in and use the whole surface i feel a bit cramped.

Is this because my pedals are too narrow for me (axels too short)? i think i have heard of people saying that DMRs are narrow. If this is the case, can anyone recommend a wider platform pedal i can try?

Cheers

Ben :D
Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
2013 Trek 1.2
1982 Holdsworth Elan.

Comments

• JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    wellgo b-54's are good and big, many people recomend them for big fet, but their good for smaller feet too- i really like mine, amazingly grippy. superstar pedals are also highly rated, and their quite wide and flat
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Gusset Slim Jim are an option. Really like mine (size 13 feet), but I've not tried that many pedals.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    point one podium or the nuke proof neutron
  • gusset slim jim or the superstar pedals.
  • GiantPete
    GiantPete Posts: 14
    Sounds like you ride with your legs wide apart! Can you get a crankset with a higher 'Q factor'? I guess they are all about the same.

Tried thinking about your overall position as you ride? Maybe think about your knees as well as your feet? If you havn't yet tried it for long, might be worth persisting with your feet properly on your pedals to see if you get used to it, rather than being put off by an intial feeling.
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    Thanks for the replies peeps. Thanks for the sugestions on the pedal. Never heard of cranksets with a wider Q factor. I'll do a bit of research.....

Cheers,

Ben
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.