ust valves

Razer_MTB
Razer_MTB Posts: 361
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Has anyone else had problems getting stans ust valves to seal properly with bontrager tubeless or any other tubeless rims. took me ages to get it to seal (only stopped leaking air when i put some super juice in it and sloshed it about).

i thought it would automatically give a good seal, or am i missing a trick here?
whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons

Comments

• stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    You sure you have the correct valve..no probs with my stans valve, although using on ztr rims.
  • Razer_MTB
    yup, one of these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=38826

it stopped leaking when i put sealant in though, so its not a major problem, but i didnt think i should have had to have used sealant for this.
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • dwclay99
    dwclay99 Posts: 100
    i have bontrager tubless tires and rims and i brought bontragers own tubeless valves which fit in the round slot in the rim strips correctly which i suspect the stans ones dont. the valves also need to be oriented correctly usually with the longest edges parallel to the rim wall.

i got the bontrager valves from evans cycles.

clay
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yup, the TLR valves are pretty different in design.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Razer_MTB
    cheers guys, that explains the initial air loss then.

just checked and the tyres have stayed at around 55psi for almost 24 hours now, i think its safe to say there are no leaks :D just need to lower them before actually using it