Norco... But which one?

camber
camber Posts: 3
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
For reasons aside I am looking at the Norco bike but not sure which of the models to go for!

I am looking for a bit of mountain riding and taking it on local trails so nothing too heavy but something if I want to take it down a steep slope with bumps will be relatively comfortable so a full sus it is!

I like the Shore three but think maybe its too heavy for an everyday bike or for long rides?

I think the fluid or LT series are better suited but which one there seems to be so much choice and at this price point want something that is gonna be fun, durable, and will last!

Any one got any opinions on these at all?!

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    The old lt3 is gorgeous, but if you're not planning on leaving the floor much then the faze is a nice option.

Tough (because it's canadian) but pretty light. They're rather fun to ride, at leasted based on my experiences testing one! Manual really well!
  • turnercraig
    turnercraig Posts: 537
    I would advise against the Shore for everyday riding, I had a demo of one at the Bikeradar Demoday and it is a strain to pedal uphill.

It was amazing on rough singletrack though.

Basically it's a downhill/freeride bike.
  • I have recently bought a 2009 Faze 3.

It does everything I need it to do, which is mainly XC trails. I find it copes it with occasional small drop offs (That I am willing to attemp) and a few jumps. I find the weight pretty good at 29lbs I believe.

Not too sure if you can still get them now though.
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    I had a Shore One until December.

Cracking FR/DH bike, but you wouldn't want it as your only bike unless you don't ride up hills (or even along the flat for any great length of time!)
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Can I ask why Norco ? I thought they were more FR/AM kinda bikes if this is the type of bike you want also look at the Mondraker Prayer
    http://www.tweekscycles.com/CycleShop/C ... 0/913/4180

Getting good reviews..the Foxy may be better for your ability and is a cracking looking machine

http://www.tweekscycles.com/CycleShop/C ... 0/913/4165
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • camber
    camber Posts: 3
    Just to through a complete spanner into it all - something a bit different.

The Norco Nitro, its a hardtail however was thinking with the riding I will be doing this will be the best thing to start me off, light enough for every day riding, stiff enough for decent handling and enough bounce in the front for little trails.

Don't think I'll be doing 10ft drops on it so sure it'll be good for what I need.

But here comes the question - what do you guys think of this?