How much did you pay for your Carrera Kraken/Vulcan/Fury?

Skiprat
Skiprat Posts: 18
edited July 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hiya,

As above really how much did you pay for your steed and how long ago?
Im trying to work out the best prices for the above bikes as halfords are always adjusting the prices and have different offers on all the time

Cheers for any input on this

SR

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The cheapest I know of are:

Vulcan disc: 220
    Kraken: 320
    Fury: 440

You just have to time it right and have a bit of luck.
  • supersonic
    Oh, it was 250 in about 1994 hehehe.
  • Skiprat
    they are some good prices guys looks like potential savings of £50-£200 on there standard rrp based on getting the timing right
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    What about the lime green magnesium zelos!

I paid £243.74 for my 2000 Carrera Fury

£550 Retail, £100 off, 12.5% Discount (Staff), then £150 Develpment squad voucher!

Still got it as my hack bike! although only the frame and seatpost are original!
  • supersonic
    Ah, I remember being at Halfords in 2000, and selling that Fury - Deore and Judy XC I believe.

Did you join that XC thing that they were doing?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    £200 for a barely used Kraken here, I think it got ridden round the park twice, not even long enough to wear out the terrible BB :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I got my Fury in Feb for £420 or 440 cant remember now. It was 20% discount website offer
  • Slamdunkin
    Slamdunkin Posts: 355
    I got my Kraken in November and it cost me £370 with some half price accessories.
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    I picked up a Vulcan last July for 250 quid.
  • RockingDad
    RockingDad Posts: 239
    got my 09 fury in sept last year for £600. A week prior it was £560 a week after I bought it the bike was back to £560.... F***ers!
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • Skiprat
    thanks for the replies guys its interesting seeing the big fluctuations that people are paying
  • i got a kraken £320 and my brother got a vulcan £240 3 weeks ago reserved on liine to save 20% and collected the same day in store
    carrera kraken
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    500 or 600 in 2007 on cycle to work. good little bike. not the lightest or the sexiest, but a good little bike none the less.
  • Skiprat
    thats a cracking deal markmark.123 thats the sort of deal i was hoping/looking out for

did it actually say £320 in your basket as you checked out/completed reservation?, or was the extra cash taken off when you went to collect and pay

cheers
  • Slamdunkin
    Slamdunkin Posts: 355
    have a look at their online promotions history here it gives you an idea of the offers and when they come around...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_201501
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    Supersonic!

Yeah silver with the Black front end, Judy XC's still look like them but got Race internals with the alloy adjusters now! I put some Deore Cable brakes on using those wierd hubs where you can change the spokes without taking rotor or cassette off!

It now got 2002 M4s and Hope XC hubs on X317's, just old kit lying around these days!

I should be getting my mickey mouse style light next week. Keep an eye on what lights post!

And ON topic.

Having worked at halfords for 5 years back in the day, when bikehut was new and good! The promotions changed very quickly with roughly 20% off bikes for about 50% of the time so some months you'd be lucky and other not so! (£20 free accessories woopee!)

Moggy
  • it said that in the basket when i reserved it mate
    carrera kraken
  • digitaldave
    digitaldave Posts: 114
    £440 for my Fury a couple of weeks ago when they had one of their 20% off sales. Picked it up yesterday (had to be ordered in).
  • dfaz228
    dfaz228 Posts: 3
    £440 for the Fury about 2 weeks ago with the 20% discount offer.
  • mcmullen
    mcmullen Posts: 4
    Just wondering how did all you guys get it for £440? The list price is £599 to 205 off would be £480 did you just negotiate an extra £40 off or what??
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    The Halfords sale was a pile of shit, they raised the rpices the day before teh sale jsut for that one day on Vulcan's. Original price was about £259 for it then they raised it to £310 so wth the 20% discount it worked out at £247 so a saving of 12 quid!!!!!

Fucking con!
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Got my 09 Vulcan last yr for 200 squid, ive since spent double or more than that puttin new parts on it though.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Kraken, circa 2004, looks like it was stored in a ditch, £10

Only the frame, mech hanger, BB cable guide, headset and BB are useable unless anyone wants some RST fork lowers!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ridsy10
    ridsy10 Posts: 6
    I brought an 08 Kraken for £300 yesterday
  • aahjnnot
    aahjnnot Posts: 41
    £387 for the latest Fury a few weeks ago. The advertised price at the time was £530, but I negotiated a £100 discount for the display model (it was the last bike in any of the local stores and had a very superficial paintwork blemish), and I paid for it with gift vouchers that I'd purchased online at a 10% discount.

Bargain!
  • DJC013
    DJC013 Posts: 94
    Hello, paid £530 for my Fury in June 2010 !! :)

Love my Fury !! :D
    Current Bike - 1992 Saracen Tufftrax Elite - Now retired !!
    Now have - Carrera Fury 20" :):):)

Link to my Fury pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/28464546@N ... 112905307/
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    I paid £530 for my Fury last Sunday.

I didn't really feel like waiting around, I came on here for some advice on which bike to buy on the Saturday, and then on Sunday went and followed through on that advice and got the last 18" model at any of the local stores.

It was a great decision, I love my Fury! :D