advantage or high roller?

Paul 135
Paul 135 Posts: 92
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
which tyres should i buy for all mountain riding; maxxis advantage or high rollers? im not too worried about the suppossed drag on the high rollers cause my legs can take it.

Comments

• JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    highroller's are grippier than advantages, but need to be leaned right over to get grip on corners, and aren't good in wet. i'd consider minions - 2.35 60a- grip however far you lean them, good in wet conditions and dry, grippier than advantages
  • Paul 135
    Paul 135 Posts: 92
    thanks alot :)
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    what kind of surface are they for? I think the advantage rolls a bit quicker but not as good in soft surfaces.

The highroller is great tyre for aggressive style riders who lean right over. Otherwise the as suggested give the minion a go.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    +1 for minions or maybe try minion on the front, high roller on the rear
  • ive been riding high rollers for about year, and im not like a DH rider or anything, but ive never had any grip issues with them. and the rolling resisitance isnt too terrible either, seem like good all round tyres really, taken them in deep wet mud, and hardpack dry trails, and seem to work just fine,
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    +1 for minions.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    You could go Maxxpro HR on the front and exception Advantage on the back.

Front grip, back end lack of drag & quick rolling
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The Minion's really good, if you want to go Maxxis. Highroller is great too mind.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    what about minion front, advantage rear?