Tyres for the missus's bike

Quirrel
Quirrel Posts: 235
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
The missus bike currently has some Botanger 26x2.0 something or others fitted.

I've got her some lighter wheels for her bike and was thinking of changing the tyres at the same time.

What light weight, but not wallet breaking sets of tyres are there? Mainly cycle paths, dirt tracks by the Tyne, and at the very most Chopwell's medium/green route.

She weighs in about 50kg's and is small.

Comments

• JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    specialized the captain s works 2.0. about £20 each, and 520g each, quite fast, and grippy dual compound
  • Quirrel
    Do I go for a narrower tyre for her?
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    you could, but at the expense of grip and comfort, and they're less common, and there's less choice
  • Quirrel
    I just realised that 2.0 meant size.

I thought it was version. :roll:
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    The Specialized The Captain tyres are on my wife's new bike and they aren't bad at all tbh!
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Narrower tyre. Suffer a little loss of comfort in comparison but grip is fine with narrower tyres and they have their advantages, like don't drag as much, which if you're a slight build / less power, will appreciate a lot more.

Good all round xc tyre that fits the bill would be the specialized sauserwind controls they are 1.8 but come out 2" width with beefed up carcass / added puncture protection, which for cycle paths and the like is handy. excellent grip and roll brilliantly. 525g and £22 ish.