Eddie Izzard

SteveR_100Milers
SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
edited April 2010 in The bottom bracket
is doing a party broadcast for welsh labour. Oh the irony of using the phrase "if only the tories got on their bikes and found out that Britain isn't broken..."

Comments

• bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    he is a nutter
    going downhill slowly
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    bexley5200 wrote:
    he is a nutter

Elaborate on that?
  • bexley5200 wrote:
    he is a nutter

which makes a convincing argument that the lunatics are running the asylum... :wink:
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    is doing a party broadcast for welsh labour. Oh the irony of using the phrase "if only the tories got on their bikes and found out that Britain isn't broken..."

am I missing something? do you think he's unaware of the Tebbit quote?

he's got a long standing interest in politics, I'm sure he knows what he's saying and is using it as a deliberate barb at one of the more memorable toryisms.
  • is doing a party broadcast for welsh labour. Oh the irony of using the phrase "if only the tories got on their bikes and found out that Britain isn't broken..."

he's got a long standing interest in politics, I'm sure he knows what he's saying and is using it as a deliberate barb at one of the more memorable toryisms.

Possibly not, but it was said as if he hadn't heard it. That wasn't the point, I was making the same point as you in a less obvious way perhaps. :wink:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think he speaks a lot of sense.
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    Love his comedy, but not his politics. There are a lot of things to admire about him, but his political views aren't among them. Ditto his wardrobe.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660

Possibly not, but it was said as if he hadn't heard it. That wasn't the point, I was making the same point as you in a less obvious way perhaps. :wink:

ah, I'm quite into Izzard and dabble in popular politics so I just assumed that he'd know the quote and its the sort of back referencing he does in his routines. Good on him for standing up and speaking for how he feels, although he does seem to have switched allegiances from liberal to labour. Maybe he just likes being with the most central party of the trio. :D
  • is doing a party broadcast for welsh labour. Oh the irony of using the phrase "if only the tories got on their bikes and found out that Britain isn't broken..."

ah, I'm quite into Izzard and dabble in popular politics so I just assumed that he'd know the quote and its the sort of back referencing he does in his routines. Good on him for standing up and speaking for how he feels, although he does seem to have switched allegiances from liberal to labour. Maybe he just likes being with the most central party of the trio. :D

Does he know about this?? :wink:

Yes! :D