Piti bites again

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    What's the betting that this gets sat on by the Spanish authorities again?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Doping isn't a criminal matter in Spain, so like Puerto and Chinatown, Operacion Grial could be of no use to the police and judiciary.

But it's another reminder of the web of doping in Spain.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Guess who's getting the dossier? Judge Serrano who presided over OP. Personally not holding my breath for a resolution of the Valv/Piti farce anytime soon
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    micron wrote:
    Guess who's getting the dossier? Judge Serrano

Oh no. Not that old ham.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    I've just heard, he's just bought a new industrial grade shredder :lol:
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    guinea wrote:
    micron wrote:
    Guess who's getting the dossier? Judge Serrano

Oh no. Not that old ham.

That's bad, but it made me laugh :) Which you have to do with the whole Valv/Piti saga, you go mad if you take it seriously.
  • Bronzie wrote:
    What's the betting that this gets sat on by the Spanish authorities again?

WADA & the UCI's 'statute of limitations' is 8 years from the date of the offence; so Valverde could be sweating on the information coming out for a couple of years yet.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    WADA & the UCI's 'statute of limitations' is 8 years from the date of the offence; so Valverde could be sweating on the information coming out for a couple of years yet.
    IF it gets out...........

Still, there are no footballers or tennis players involved in this one, so maybe Serrano will let the wolves in on valv.piti
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Kléber wrote:
    Doping isn't a criminal matter in Spain, so like Puerto and Chinatown, Operacion Grial could be of no use to the police and judiciary.

But it's another reminder of the web of doping in Spain.

It is now - since September last year.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Surely it can't apply retrospectively though. That would just be wrong.
  • Kléber
    gabriel959 wrote:
    It is now - since September last year.
    Yes, you are right but it won't apply retrospectively. But if the police are investigating, it's because they believe something or someone's up to no good. Even if they don't want to prosecute, you'd hope (naively) that they'd pass the info on to the anti-doping authorities.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    He'll probably be given a life ban.....................around the time he hits 40.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    He'll probably be given a life ban.....................around the time he hits 40.

Time flies in Spain...
  • blazing_saddles
    Here we go again, Valverde with his third doping link.

It seems that Valverde is also involved in the survey on clinical Humanplasma Vienna

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/03-05-2 ... 0938.shtml

They guy has more connections than the British Rail network.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Stop being silly Blaze.

It's obvious Valv.Piti has been riding clean ever since Puerto.

:roll:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    It's true, his lacklustre results since 2006 prove he's riding without assistance.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    andyp wrote:
    It's true, his lacklustre results since 2006 prove he's riding without assistance.

You sure you looking at the palmares for the correct rider. Far from lacklustre - in fact he has had one of the best palmares of any rider for 2007, 08, 09 and looking like 10 too (he is currently top of UCI rankings, which you don't acheive by being lacklustre).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_ ... hievements
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    WHOOSH2.gif
  • Kléber
    FF, let me supply you with another Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Back on planet earth, Valverde is a liar, a swindler and a cheat. He's denied honest riders of wins, glory and earnings. The sooner he's banned the better.
  • frenchfighter
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, in the vast majority of cases, sarcasm is a very poor tool to use on forums. If you want to say something, be direct.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, in the vast majority of cases, sarcasm is a very poor tool to use on forums. If you want to say something, be direct.

Be direct. OK. It's because of attitudes like yours, that the sport has the doping problem that is does.
    To praise, not to mention glorify somebody who clearly is as professional about his cheating, as he is his riding, displays a moral compass on a par with any cheat.

Connected to 3 seperate doping rings and yet you don't care.
  • frenchfighter
    Its quite simple. 'Connected' to the last two is not something I deal with. HARD EVIDENCE that he actually doped to win races is what I require. I am not interested in gossip, hearsay or anything else like that in everyday life and in cycling.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Valverde is a blot on the sport. If all things were equal, all Spanish riders would be suspended from competition until the authorities did the right thing and stopped covering up. I can't help but be suspicious of all Spanish riders while the current non cooperation is still the norm.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Its quite simple. 'Connected' to the last two is not something I deal with. HARD EVIDENCE that he actually doped to win races is what I require. I am not interested in gossip, hearsay or anything else like that in everyday life and in cycling.
    Do you apply that attitude to other high profile cyclists? I seem to remember a number of posts where that doesn't seem to have been the case!
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    No, FF, Blazing is correct in his assessment of your attitude. See the "Pure Climbers" thread.
    I agree. I couldn't care that Pantani was doped. He was still had qualities and strengths that made him a very exciting and admired rider.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850

Oh FFS FF. Jus get over yourself will you. Only a total fukcing moron would think there's a possibility Valv/Piti is clean.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    the Valverde case shows the main problem all sports have in dealing with doping. What incentive do the Spanish authorities have to ban one of their biggest stars ?

I think the only way we can really deal with these of take this away from a local authority who aren't always as impartial as they should be
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957

I disagree, but respect your stance on the latest two "rings" with said connections to Valverde. These haven't been proven yet, at least evidence providing that proof hasn't been made public. If you're inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt then more power to you.

However, Puerto is proven. There is a bag of Valverde's blood which was cross referenced to DNA he gave in a sample at the Tour. Now, you can't prove that he used those techniques to win any given race, but on that alone he's as guilty as Basso was.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    I have no problem holding a different opinion to the majority. At least I can sit down and enjoy the pictures unfolding on my screen, whereas no doubt there are those amongst you that just sit there fuming....
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    So - basically what you are saying is you enjoy watching riders tear up the road, regardless of whether or not they are tooled up to the gills?

I can understand that. I love seeing a rider perform super-human feats of strength and endurance on the road. But if they are breaking the rules to do it - I don't see the point. You're not really 'better' than someone else if you have to cheat to beat them.