Who is the phantom poo bagger?

bompington
bompington Posts: 7,674
edited April 2010 in The bottom bracket
This may have been noticed more by off roaders, but anyway...
Over the last year or two I've noticed more and more dogsh1t, carefully bagged up and... left sitting on the path, or even hanging neatly on a tree.

WHY ???????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I can understand antisocial morons just leaving it where it is. I can understand responsible doggie types bagging it and putting it in the nearest bin.

But what can the phantom poo baggers possibly be thinking? Are they expecting the council to come round and pick it up? Is it a protest designed to draw everyone's attention to the sheer injustice of having to clear up after their pooch? Is it some perverse anti-eco cult trying to replace stuff that rots away in a few months with a bagful that will last for 50 years?

I figured that all the smartest people hang out here, so has anyone got an explanation?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have a theory on this. I think most of the poo bagging is carried out with the best intention of putting it in a dog bin.....the thing is people will pick it up but don't want to walk round with a bag of dog shite swinging from theur hand, so they put it somewhere, by the path or hanging off a branch to pick up on the way back. Then they either forget or can't be bothered and don't do it.

What do you think ?
  • bompington
    dmclite wrote:
    What do you think ?
    That's the point - I'm one of those smartarses who likes to think that they can offer a plausible explanation for anything, it comes with the job (teacher).

But I'm stumped on this one, I really can't think what's going through their heads.

I'll ask if I see someone actually doing it, but of course you don't ever, do you?
  • Anonymous
    bompington wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    What do you think ?
    That's the point - I'm one of those smartarses who likes to think that they can offer a plausible explanation for anything, it comes with the job (teacher).

But I'm stumped on this one, I really can't think what's going through their heads.

I'll ask if I see someone actually doing it, but of course you don't ever, do you?

Maybe you could get a dog and take it for walks and see what happens then ? Maybe then the answers will unlock themselves ?

Or find a dog forum and ask some probing questions on there. You may be considered weird for joining a dog forum, but it's a chance I'm willing you to take. :wink:
  • bompington
    dmclite wrote:
    Maybe you could get a dog and take it for walks and see what happens then ? Maybe then the answers will unlock themselves ?
    My dog poos where I tell it, it's a thing called "training" you can do with dogs
  • Anonymous
    bompington wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    My dog poos where I tell it, it's a thing called "training" you can do with dogs

Ok, no need to bite my head off. (see what I did there?)

There is an easy answer. A lot of people are lazy shiftless gets who don't want to walk round with their bag of poo and just leave it.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    You are spot on dmclite - I do this myself as my dg generally drops one early in our 6 am walk. I bag it, put it behind a tree and pick it up on the way back. If I ever forget it I do go back to collect but I guess some people don't, hence the bags hanging around.

Bompington - perhaps you could come round and train my dog to poo on demand :wink:

Paul
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    bompington wrote:
    This may have been noticed more by off roaders, but anyway...
    Over the last year or two I've noticed more and more dogsh1t, carefully bagged up and... left sitting on the path, or even hanging neatly on a tree.WHY ???????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I can understand antisocial morons just leaving it where it is. I can understand responsible doggie types bagging it and putting it in the nearest bin.

But what can the phantom poo baggers possibly be thinking? Are they expecting the council to come round and pick it up? Is it a protest designed to draw everyone's attention to the sheer injustice of having to clear up after their pooch? Is it some perverse anti-eco cult trying to replace stuff that rots away in a few months with a bagful that will last for 50 years?

I figured that all the smartest people hang out here, so has anyone got an explanation?

Are you sure that's dog shite and not very clean and fussy monkeys?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I, like you, am completely baffled by this behaviour. It is my pet hate and I have posted about it before on here.
    Newmarket seems to be the dogsh1t capital of Suffolk, and every hedge is festooned with the little, toxic parcels. WTF is that all about??? Why go to the expense of buying bags, and the trouble of bending down and scooping up the turd, if you then abandon the bloody thing in the hedge? It would be better to leave it for the weather and mother nature to deal with, rather than preserve it for posterity.

I feel sorry for the poor sod who comes along to trim the hedge and gets covered in 6 month old faecal matter.

If I ever see someone leaving one, I'm going to retrieve it, follow them home, then hang it on their front door handle.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    dmclite wrote:

Or find a dogging forum and ask some probing questions on there. You may be considered weird for joining a dogging forum, but it's a chance I'm willing you to take. :wink:

FTFY
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Anonymous
    spen666 wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

Or find a dogging forum and ask some probing questions on there. You may be considered weird for joining a dogging forum, but it's a chance I'm willing you to take. :wink:

FTFY
    Thank you, that version is a much better idea. Wonder what hangs off their trees ?
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    My dog is excellent. He will not, simply refuses to, poo anywhere that people may tread in it. Honestly, he will search for a place that is secluded (generally off the beaten track/long grass/behind a tree, etc) and do his business there.

I still clean up after him and place it in the bin but I've never met a more conscientious dog in my life.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Best get the dumbbells put away sharpish.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I have to admit some dogs can be trained better than others. I've had a couple of dogs that used to get very upset unless they could poo in the gutter - would not ever poo on a pavement. But in the past 20 years any dog of mine that pooed anywhere - I picked it up in a clear plastic bag, but that in a supermarket carrier bag and carried it until I could get to a dog poo bin, or took it home with me. There's no excuse for doing anything else.

I haven't had a dog for about 8 years now though - too much responsibilty.

But where I live at the moment it is dog poo central. If I did see a poo in a bag I'd think it was an improvement. Also - someone's gone and painted no dog poo signs all over the pavements round here - and they still continue to leave it lying about everywhere.

a couple of weeks ago I found dog crap in my front garden. I do not own a dog!! :evil:
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    At least its bagged up.Better than running it over and getting a face full
  • Westerberg
    Westerberg Posts: 652
    this thread has inspired me to stick some Small Faeces on the stereo. Think I'll follow up with some Stool and the Gang.
  • Porgy
    Westerberg wrote:
    this thread has inspired me to stick some Small Faeces on the stereo. Think I'll follow up with some Stool and the Gang.

What about a little Poo fighters?
  • Westerberg
    Poo-L Simon and Fart Garfunkel?
  • Porgy
    I'd prefer something heavier - got any Led Zep poo lin?

or the Modfather - Poo weller
  • Westerberg
    Porgy wrote:
    I'd prefer something heavier - got any Led Zep poo lin?

or the Modfather - Poo weller

well, I have some sixties/seventies stuff - The Tyrds or how about Poo Reed? Or how about some hip-hop - Sugarhill Gang: Crappers Delight?
  • Porgy
    Westerberg wrote:
    Poo Reed

is that his soiled Velvet Underpants stuff? I particularly like "Run Run Runs"

What about the one that was produced by David Poowie?

Or - change of era - I quite like the Crappy Mondays
  • dbmnk
    dbmnk Posts: 217
    Porgy wrote:
    someone's gone and painted no dog poo signs all over the pavements round here - and they still continue to leave it lying about everywhere.
    dude, these dogs gotta go back to school learning to read better
  • Porgy
    dbmnk wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    someone's gone and painted no dog poo signs all over the pavements round here - and they still continue to leave it lying about everywhere.

It's a picture actually - so, yes, the dogs in Kent are particularly thick.
  • I've noticed the same recently, I run through a local park regularly, and this problem seems to have started over night.
    There are suddenly piles of little blue bags of dog sh!te at the bottom of trees and left hanging from branches - I don't understand the logic - at a guess lazy ar$e dog walkers put them there to collect 'on their way back' but forget, or think they've 'got away with it' and don't bother taking it away...

...the dirty little ba$tards
  • Anonymous
    Porgy wrote:
    dbmnk wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

It's a picture actually - so, yes, the dogs in Kent are particularly thick.

Are you disrespecting my Dog ? He is from Kent and is a good dog. Don't you go riling him, now.
  • djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    Picking up a dog turd makes me wretch my guts up, so much so that my eyes turn red and I look like count dracula :lol:

I always pick up after my dog, if I can do it every ****er should. They're just lazy, dirty b*****ds :evil:

I also carry the bag to a bin, not leave it swinging from a tree

huuurrrllllll......... hhuuuuuuurrrrrrrlllllll...............
  • Is there anything sadder than a human being with a dog picking up dog poo.....

......maybe a human being without a dog picking up dog poo?
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Ha - I had a rant about that recently on my blog!
    ColinJ wrote:
    By the time we set off it had clouded over again but it was nice to be out walking again. Until we got onto the canal towpath that is… I apologise to those disgustingly selfish dog owners in Todmorden so harshly criticised by me in [a previous post]. You are still disgustingly selfish, but I shouldn’t single you out – we now appear to have plenty of them here in Hebden Bridge too! Yes, our very own Dog Shite Boulevard enables us to run a local Gauntlet of Crap.

You might have considered strolling along the Rochdale canal towpath enjoying the scenery but I strongly recommend that you spend most of the time staring down a couple of yards in front of you or you won’t be welcome in the house when you get home. We were both getting really annoyed with the state of the path. There’s absolutely no bleedin’ excuse for this – if you don’t want to clean up after a dog, then don’t own a dog – okay?

Another thing – if you’ve been good and put the afore-mentioned shite in a bag – that’s great. Don’t spoil it by chucking the bag on the path! The concept is that you leave no trace of your dog, not that you make its crap more acceptable and then litter the environment with shite-filled bags.

Okay, I’ll shut up about it now. I’m getting angry again and it’s not good for my blood pressure. Calm, calm, calm; controlled breathing…
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    I have observed people bagging their dog poo, leaving it somewhere out of the way, and then picking it up and disposing of it on the way back. I can understand why they might not want to walk around all day accompanied by a bag of dog-s**t, and this seemed like a reasonable approach to me. Can't understand those who bag it and leave it permanently though!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    Anyone else seen those sad cases who go around putting little flags in dog poo on the pavements? Yes, it's anti-social to leave it behind but do people really think putting flags in it will help?
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    It's NOT poo...It's the brains of the people who let their dogs foul this Green and Pleasant Land. ( Or is that Grey and Depressing ? )