Chasing Trails.....

jamLCFC
jamLCFC Posts: 197
edited June 2010 in MTB general
As part of geting the wife and I into using the bikes offroad i looked for a company that could offer some skills training. From a post on this site i contacted Steve at Chasing Trails.

We booked a day (our wedding anniversary present to ourselves :D ) with Steve to have a go at Dalby Forest. He took us through some basic skills like braking and balance to start with and then progressed onto the trail(red route) to cover drop offs, berms , climbing and many other useful snippets that as novices will prove to be invaluable as we start to get more and more into this sport.

Steve is a genuinely nice guy that clearly loves his biking and this is shown in his approach to the course, This was the wifes first proper go on the trails and she was impressed by Steves attitude and approach . He explained everything , demonstrated it and even stood there ready to catch you just in case..... :shock:

I have no other connection with Chasing trails other than being a thoroughly satisfied customer.

http://www.chasingtrails.com/

Thanks Steve

************************************************************************************************
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Compulsive tinkerer....my ideas far far outway my ability and that makes things costly !!

Comments

• MuddyTom
    MuddyTom Posts: 15
    That's a nice little write up. It's a shame that they are too far away for me. From your review and their website they look like a good company.

Tom
    New Bike Fund - £55 =I
  • switchback18
    switchback18 Posts: 617
    Thanks for the review, always good to hear.

I couldn't help wondering how many other couples would both agree to a day of mountain biking as an anniversary present!

Enjoy the biking!

Steve
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Yer also he rides an Orange :wink:
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    Thanks for the review, always good to hear.

I couldn't help wondering how many other couples would both agree to a day of mountain biking as an anniversary present!

Enjoy the biking!

Steve
    what sort fo price would a weeks course/ ridng cost chap. looking to do somthing like this in the futrure
  • The Hogester
    The Hogester Posts: 101
    Id love to do something like this some time! Bookmarked :D
  • switchback18
    switchback18 Posts: 617
    XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    what sort fo price would a weeks course/ ridng cost chap. looking to do somthing like this in the futrure

Just sent you a pm with some ideas/prices. Phone number on the website if you want any more details
  • jamLCFC
    jamLCFC Posts: 197

its definately something we will be doing again......

SWMBO is 40 next year.........i wonder :D:D:D:D

============================================================
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Compulsive tinkerer....my ideas far far outway my ability and that makes things costly !!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    jamLCFC wrote:

its definately something we will be doing again......

SWMBO is 40 next year.........i wonder :D:D:D:D

============================================================

gives you time to implant that Idea so that you dont have to beg...
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    edited December 2010
    I too can comment on how good Chasing Trails are.

Recently went on one of Chasing Trails 7Stanes weekends. Fantastic couple of days on some brilliant trails!
    Craig Rogers
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    blimey, i thought grantway was back until i saw the date of the posts, phew!!
  • Cheers Craig.

Just in case it needs clarifying, an Orange Five isn't compulsory to do a Chasing Trails course...
  • Yukon Boy
    Yukon Boy Posts: 70
    I've done a day with Steve and Chasing Trails and found it a really fun and useful course! I bought it for my girlfriend for her birthday last year and we both enjoyed it. Comes recommended from me!
  • wicked2627
    wicked2627 Posts: 122
    I did a day with Steve yesterday and I found it very useful. My confidence is not the best as I am a new rider but Steve was very patient and able to teach me alternative ways of tackling obstacles and highlight some of the bad habits i'd picked up.

One bad habit is I instinctively unclip a pedal when I get nervous - I now understand why this gives me less control! Also, to go over obstacles I was pulling up on my handlebars when I should be pushing forward and leaning back.

I'd recommend a session whether you are a complete beginner or even more experienced but have difficultly with certain techniques (or just want to go faster).
    Specialized Roubaix Pro Expert 2020
    Boardman HT Pro Ltd Ed MTB
    Boardman Pro Carbon Road Bike (Turbo Trainer)
    Charge Mixer