Look 566

navier_stokes
navier_stokes Posts: 77
edited April 2010 in Your road bikes
Put a few 100 miles on my new baby and just had gave it it's first good wash so thought I'd take a few snaps!

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

Comments

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Nice 8)
  • desmosedici
    desmosedici Posts: 117
    Watched the guy in my LBS put one together out of the box last week. Was quite taken with the lines of the frame. It's a good upgrade potential frame. Almost considered getting it as a daily rider/trainer until the shop guy reminded me I have a 586 at home, and I do not need another bike. *sigh*
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Watched the guy in my LBS put one together out of the box last week. Was quite taken with the lines of the frame. It's a good upgrade potential frame. Almost considered getting it as a daily rider/trainer until the shop guy reminded me I have a 586 at home, and I do not need another bike. *sigh*

WTF has that got to do with it? :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • desmosedici

WTF has that got to do with it? :D

LOL ... the .. uh ... "collection" has become a running joke in my cycling group. They've started taking bets on what I turn up with for each ride.

In spite of not having a "she-who-must-be-obeyed" to answer to, I would dearly love to have a 566 in the collection. But I really can't justify it.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    desmo - you might not be able to replicate the position on your 586 - the 566 has a seriously tall head tube....
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    Nice build. Did the bottle cage come with it? I need some look cages for my 595 to finish it off.
  • Watched the guy in my LBS put one together out of the box last week. Was quite taken with the lines of the frame. It's a good upgrade potential frame. Almost considered getting it as a daily rider/trainer until the shop guy reminded me I have a 586 at home, and I do not need another bike. *sigh*

I was looking at the 585 instead of this, but the geometry didn't work out for my size (6'4"). I'm not into racing (yet!) either so the more relaxed geometry of the 566 suits my needs a little better.

Both are very lurverly bikes!
  • Brommers76 wrote:
    Nice build. Did the bottle cage come with it? I need some look cages for my 595 to finish it off.

Nah, (a very expensive) extra - but you've got to really haven't you? ;)

I'm waiting to remortgage before I can afford the second bottle holder :P
  • desmosedici
    Brommers76 wrote:

Nah, (a very expensive) extra - but you've got to really haven't you? ;)

I'm waiting to remortgage before I can afford the second bottle holder :P

LOL, I got 2 of those cages for my 586. Yeah, bloody expensive for what they are, but then what do I know, I'm a fashion victim.

Be careful with them on really bumpy roads. The downtube cage on mine has ejected a bottle twice.

Please excuse the photo hijack ...

20062_257915728981_585913981_4259874_1506767_n.jpg
  • CliveDS
    CliveDS Posts: 38
    I reviewed the 566 Ultegra a few months back, thought is was one of the best looking bikes I had ridden.

Ritchey+Superlogic+46.JPG
  • CliveDS wrote:
    I reviewed the 566 Ultegra a few months back, thought is was one of the best looking bikes I had ridden.

Ritchey+Superlogic+46.JPG

I don't suppose you compared a few wheelsets with it? How was it with the deep(er) section rims?
  • CliveDS
    CliveDS Posts: 38
    I did go over the different wheel options in the Look review and also covered the Ritchey wheels and Fulcrum Racing 1's that I tested on the bike.