First Impressions.............of the Monkey trail

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited May 2010 in Routes
of the Monkey trail, and I'm a bit disappointed really, there are certainly some nice bits, and I realise the whole trail needs to bed in properly, a good downpour would help, but it just seems confused as to whether its an xc course or a giant pump track and it doesn't seem to flow. I dont want to sound a moaning minnie because there were some excellent bits and some nice touches but it didn't feel right for some reason.

Anyone agree or am I way off the mark?

Also on the new ending, there is a drop off on a sharpish bend between two trees (wolf drops or something like that), Now I make no bones about my lack of ability, being fairly new to this game, but I think, for a red run, it needs a chicken line to go with it
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    I gotta say that while I enjoyed it, I agree with it needing to bed in, when we went last week the surface was like trying to take technical coreners and climb on a sand dune, safe to say that the wife was not happy at all with the surface!

Hopefully it will settle down and I can really enjoy it next time.
  • Gazlar
    I felt there was just too much reliance on berms, it got a bit repetative by the end, and like you say with the loose surface it didnt help, will definately give it more time before a full decision
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar
    oops sorry, put this one in the wrong place, and then its moved on top of an existing thread, feel free to lock this one
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    So I was @ Cannock yesterday and got to ride some trails I'd never ridden before as they were closed over winter (and I've recently relocated to this area)
    Where exactly is the "Monkey trail" (from the bike hire car park area)? I'd like to ride that too...
  • Gazlar
    If you follow the old follow the dog course a short way into the bit that ended with the wooden bank, there is a turning left that's well signposted. This takes you over some new singletrack and out by the railway. You have to go over the railway crossing at moors gorse and over the road too, the monkey is a loop that side of the road before bringing you back to the road and railway crossing
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • smitty
    smitty Posts: 125
    Did the monkey for the first time this thursday and found the surface cutting up and coming away badly in places