KCNC Users -

johnsav
johnsav Posts: 775
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Just a little heads up, my quick release seatpost clamp decided to randomly snap on me today. Fortunately i wasnt far from home but it could have been nasty.

The ebay shop i got it from are talking to the suppliers to see whats what.

Just thought id mention it - would be interesting to know if the same has happened to anyone else?

DSC00259.jpg

Comments

• I have always found all of my KCNC products to be really very good. I run seatpost, and bars as well as clamps, bolts and skewers etc. Maybe you just have an unlucky experience with it..
  • over-tightened maybe?
  • johnsav
    no, its been on my bike for about a year, definitely wasnt over tight. Im careful!

Ive always found them good as well up to now, hey ho
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    That's a very skinny bit of metal there...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • johnsav
    yeah, its gone where its been milled out, to make it that little bit lighter lol
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    That's a bit worrying. As I'm sat here fondling my new KCNC bar ends...

Got the standard bolt clamp on the NRS. Only been on there a month a so, and no issues so far.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    I've just had to email Clee after slicing open my finger on a KCNC bar plug earlier, but I guess that was just unlucky!

IMG_0583.jpg

Did it at the end of my ride putting the bike in the car, stuck most of it back together with superglue!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    superglue is amazing.

Duct tape works well too as the adhesive tends to promote an immune response...
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    too small for your frame or overtightened? or manufacturing defect
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    superglue is amazing.

Duct tape works well too as the adhesive tends to promote an immune response...

Can't fit duct tape in the camelback, but always carry superglue for this purpose. 20 tubes for a £1 from poundland, alot better than watching blood spurt out, have to let it bleed for a bit first though to get the crud out.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I've just had to email Clee after slicing open my finger on a KCNC bar plug earlier, but I guess that was just unlucky!

IMG_0583.jpg

Did it at the end of my ride putting the bike in the car, stuck most of it back together with superglue!

Your finger or the bar end?! :D
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...