Another EPO positive

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2010 in Pro race
Manuel Vazquez Hueso (who)
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    EPO? That is so last year. Poor lad can't keep up (in more ways than one no doubt)
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    If it's so last year, and you're not the first to make this claim, why do so many riders keep getting caught for it?
  • andyp
    FWIW, that's the 12th positive test for EPO, or variants thereof, since the beginning of last season.
  • dulldave
    andyp wrote:
    If it's so last year, and you're not the first to make this claim, why do so many riders keep getting caught for it?

Because the riders who can afford it have moved onto something else. Those with a smaller budget to spend can either ride clean or use methods that put them in risk of getting caught.
  • andyp
    I see your low budget riders and raise you Di Luca, Astarloza, Thomas Dekker and Pfannberger.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's being used but with microdosing and other techniques it can be very hard to detect.
  • my brother is a very talented pharmacist student and said that making diffirent epo based drugs in the grand scheme of things is childs play for pros.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    my brother is a very talented pharmacist student and said that making diffirent epo based drugs in the grand scheme of things is childs play for pros.

Shows what pharmacists know about synthesising drugs... :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    my brother is a very talented pharmacist student and said that making diffirent epo based drugs in the grand scheme of things is childs play for pros.

Your brother should go and work for one of the big drugs companies because in the last 25 years they've spent hundreds of millions (probably more) on research to come up with about a dozen EPO products.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dulldave
    andyp wrote:
    I see your low budget riders and raise you Di Luca, Astarloza, Thomas Dekker and Pfannberger.

All of which were last year :wink: