Cotswolds bank holiday weekend

sassysarah
sassysarah Posts: 421
edited May 2010 in MTB rides
Can anyone give me a guilded tour around the Cotswold? ...am planning on camping with a bunch of non-bikey mates...but would like to slip away and do some riding.
Biking whore of Wyre....rides with anyone!

Comments

• Bossangel
    Bossangel Posts: 164
    I'd be up for a ride as well, don't know the area that well even though it's on my doorstep.
    I can do short notice as well
    Why use brakes? Falling off is a much quicker way to stop
  • sassysarah
    I have a couple of route but am rubbish at map reading...if you fancy getting lost give us a shout :lol:

I hoping to go on the Sunday but am pretty flexible
  • Bossangel
    I can do the Sunday afternoon 130pm onwards, I don't have a time limit either. Would be good if a couple more who know area were game but I can do lost as well
  • sassysarah
    Got to go to Church no problem....finger crossed...someone will comes to our rescue
  • Whereabouts are you camping? The Cotswolds is a pretty big area!

I'm in Cheltenham, so I could show you around some of the local area (Cleeve Hill and/or Leckhampton Hill). Bear in mind that a) I'm pretty rubbish and b) I'm perilously slow at the best of times and haven't ridden much this year due to a bad knee (so am not very fit and probably can't manage any massively long rides)
  • Bossangel
    Eople that sat they rubbish scare me, usually end up leaving me for dead :p surely it's about enjoying the ride. Leckhampton hill looks great but also looks like no one goes fast up there.
  • sassysarah
    Sorry haven't been in touch Boss Angel...did a night ride in the Wyre Forest so haven't had time to send you an e-mail/phone (can't on this computer at work and won't allow it!)

I've found a route which sounds interesting....it's Buckland - Hales 17.5mile...have heard it's quite fun and has a few fast bits on it

i'll try and send it you later....but if you want to have a look...it's on the About Bikes.com website (bike shop near Blackminster) click route session

Hoopy do you know this one?
  • I'm afraid I don't know that route, so I wouldn't be of any use as a guide. The furthest north I've been out of Cheltenham is just below the southern-most bit of that route. It looks a good route though.

I have to say I'm a little put off by the weather forecast of heavy rain for Sunday...
  • sassysarah
    :lol: neither do i....but you should come...we can all get lost together...it'll be fun!

I may well give you a shout in the future if that's ok...wouldn't mind having a pootle around Cleeve Hill

It's not going to rain...their fibbing! :roll:
  • Bossangel
    Forcast I've seen is rain Friday Saturday cloudy Sunday. Either way I'm in. Looks quite short but I know some of the hills will need gels to get me up them
  • Yeah, the forecast will be wrong so count me in too!

The route looks easy enough to follow (famous last words...) on the more detailed OS map than the one used on About-bikes.com.

Where and when shall we meet? There aren't any carparks marked near the route and Google have been too lazy to streetview any of the villages it goes through...
  • sassysarah
    I think Bossangel said 1.30pm sunday....is that ok?

I think we meet Just off the B4632 coming into Buckland

Going to phone the shop and check....find out which way round the route go as well!!

I'll pm you my details
  • Nick1978
    Nick1978 Posts: 93
    Hi there

may be up for tagging along if that ok by everyone? havent been to that part of the cotswolds before and need to get out on the bike htis weekend.

cheers!

Nick
  • sassysarah
    Great Nick...more the merrier...i'll pm details tomorrow! :lol:
  • Nick1978
    Nice one! Thanks, looking forward to it. Ill bring plenty of suncream cus the sun will be out!!
  • sassysarah
    Cool 8) ... It going to be a good one

Meet off the B4632 going into Buckland

layby at the side of the road

1.30 Sunday

If anyone else wants to come just turn up the more the merrier
  • Nick1978
    Nice one, Ive got an OS map of that area too so ill bring that along.
    See you all tomorrow,