how long to ride the wall?

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited April 2010 in Routes
not sure if this is the right place to put this but here goes- i rode the wall at afan on sunday, i'm a little out of shape and it took me just under 2 hours. how does this compare with everyone else? how long does it take you? :D

Comments

• Gilesw2010
    Gilesw2010 Posts: 121
    I'd say under 2 hours is pretty good! I consider myself fit-ish, and it took me 2 hrs 10 minutes.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Have to admit never actually time myself here.

Afan is like fun place where i meet a bunch of mates from West wales(it's nicely in the middle of us. so we just session stuff and have fun.
  • welshkev
    i didn't time myself as in i had a stop watch! i just looked at the clock in the car :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    On another date mate, did you ride the new trail at cannock, and what was it like out of interest
  • welshkev
    it was supposed to be week after next. but my jobs have changed now and i'm in north wales instead! but that's cool because i should get the chance to ride llandegla this time!!

i've been trying to get there since last summer and something else always crops up :x
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    The first time I went took me over 3. But that was ages ago, Im now a better and fitter rider. I think the last time I went I did it around the 2 hour mark. I'd say 2 hours is a good time but im sure some of the racers here can do it much faster.
  • welshkev
    edited April 2010
    jairaj wrote:
    The first time I went took me over 3. But that was ages ago, Im now a better and fitter rider. I think the last time I went I did it around the 2 hour mark. I'd say 2 hours is a good time but im sure some of the racers here can do it much faster.

yeah one guy flew past us on the second bit of fire road all lycraed up!
  • welshkev
    jairaj wrote:

yeah one guy flew past us on the second bit of fire road all lycraed up
  • Thewaylander
    Yeh we should be up north this weekend camping (well watching the weater- no point being sopping when i have awsome local tails if its jsut showers we will be there). Landeg is fun flow and all no major challenges on the black and totally smooth which is a shame so not challenging but it is one huge giggle.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    2 hours is pretty good, iv done it in 1.5 hours pushing it. Although there was 6 inches of snow and my mate was blowing chunks all over the place (dodgy spar sandwhich)... which slowed us down, but we tooka shortcut which probaly compensated.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • welshkev
    2 hours is pretty good, iv done it in 1.5 hours pushing it. Although there was 6 inches of snow and my mate was blowing chunks all over the place (dodgy spar sandwhich)... which slowed us down, but we tooka shortcut which probaly compensated.

took a shortcut? like rode the first bit of singletrack to the subway then turned around and sat in the cafe for an hour and 25 mins :wink::D
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    welshkev wrote:

took a shortcut? like rode the first bit of singletrack to the subway then turned around and sat in the cafe for an hour and 25 mins :wink::D
    an essive knowledg of the fireroads in the area means my mate can shorten/lengthen pretty much any trail, while still getting all the "good bits"
    I like bikes and stuff
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

an essive knowledg of the fireroads in the area means my mate can shorten/lengthen pretty much any trail, while still getting all the "good bits"

he should get out more if he knows the fireroads that well...................oh wait, he does get out, that's how he knows :lol::lol::wink: