Valv.Piti decision upheld

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2010 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    So does this bring us one step closer to a UCI ban? Or what?
  • It's a double injustice!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I am so sick of this saga.

Why can't someone put Valverde and his wretched dog in a boat and float them off to the deep blue sea?

Thinks.

Piti is innocent. Just put Valverde in a boat with a tin of beans and a litre of water and let him float around in the South Atlantic.
  • Link doesnt work

who's piti?
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    PIti is Valverde's dog. The blood bags had the dog's name on I believe.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Valverde's playing for time but the CAS is expected to rule any day now.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    What is it with the tainted ranks of the peleton? They all own dogs. Bet there is't a cat owner amongst them.
  • iainf72
    What is it with the tainted ranks of the peloton? They all own dogs. Bet there is't a cat owner amongst them.

No man with any self respect would own a cat.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    iainf72 wrote:
    What is it with the tainted ranks of the peloton? They all own dogs. Bet there is't a cat owner amongst them.

No man with any self respect would own a cat.

i bet Ballan has a cat............
  • Kléber wrote:
    Valverde's playing for time but the CAS is expected to rule any day now.

typical....if he is banned mid romandie I will be annoyed
  • iainf72
    Can the UCI actually ban him?
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    iainf72 wrote:
    Can the UCI actually ban him?

My (probably vague and inaccurate) understanding is only the Spanish Federation can ban him, the UCI can then extend that ban worldwide. It's the duty of the authority that issues the racing licence to sanction any rider who is caught doping (be it Spain, Monaco, Great Britain or Kazakhstan).

The first CAS case was on the legality of the evidence used to by the Italians in issuing a racing ban, the second CAS case is whether the Spanish Federation can now ban him based on the Italian case. If, like the man from Del Monte, CAS say yes, then the UCI will happily globalise the Spanish smackdown on Piti.

Of course if the Puerto raids had come post-November 2006 (when stricter anti-doping law were introduced in Spain making blood doping illegal) rather than the previous May we wouldn't be in this mess. But without Puerto we might not have had the change in Spanish law ...
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Yes, the have asked CAS to rule on this and if this happens, he's gone.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    dougzz wrote:
    PIti is Valverde's dog. The blood bags had the dog's name on I believe.

It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where it is revealed that the nuclear power plant's legal owner is a canary, so that if it runs into legal trouble the canary goes to prison instead of Mr. Burns.

At this point I wouldn't put it past the Spanish authorities to ban the dog instead of Valverde.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.