French language articles on doping

takethehighroad
takethehighroad Posts: 6,597
edited May 2010 in Pro race
Can anybody help me with finding a decent article on doping in the French language? I know there's a few French speakers on here...

As part of my finals I have to translate a piece and I'm doing a review of the TDF 2009 as part of it. However, I'm about 800-1000 words short so my tutor, in her infinite wisdom, decided that because "cycling and doping are so closely linked" I should do it on that.

No real limits, apart from it being the aforementioned 800 or so words, and preferably from a respected source, although that's not crucial.

At the moment the one I have is from Le Monde during last year's Tour, talking about the Astana team and their relations with that UCI official, but it's not the best really.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Look for anything by Stephane Mandard in LeMonde or L'Equipe's Dennis Roussiot.

Your tutor might prefer something more varied, does it have to be on the Tour de France?
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
  • Kléber wrote:
    , does it have to be on the Tour de France?

Unfortunately yes, she said she wouldn't be able to mark it properly if it was on anything more detailed. Basically she's a tool.

Thanks for the links though people, they're a big help
  • takethehighroad
    OK, so it's judgement day, and I'm in the process of putting the finishing touches to the translation. However, I need a glossary in order to explain who's on what team and certain terminology (such as 'gregarious domestique'), so does anyone know of a decent resource online to find one?
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    OK, so it's judgement day, and I'm in the process of putting the finishing touches to the translation. However, I need a glossary in order to explain who's on what team and certain terminology (such as 'gregarious domestique'), so does anyone know of a decent resource online to find one?
    TTHR
    Not sure what you're looking for exactly. Are you looking for a single site, or a cut-&-paste appendix?
    Either way, Wiki has a reasonable glossary (I know, but it's useful for non-technical glossaries) in both French and English.
    The UCI pages have lists of the pro-tour teams and who's on each team, available here.
    There's a couple of glossaries online, but most are quite generic & the road specific-looking one I found wouldn't open, so that's not much help....
    Good luck
  • takethehighroad
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    Not sure what you're looking for exactly.

To be honest, nor am I!
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    Good luck

I'll need it, thanks for the help though, it's definitely helped me out.