Fancy some proper mountain bike in Afan or Cwmcarn

Semilha
Semilha Posts: 65
edited April 2010 in MTB rides
Hi I'm fed up of pretending to ride !
by the canals and fields with cows...
if anyone fancy a trip to wales or don't mind me tagging along can make my way there .
would be great to do some proper mountain bike that makes you :). not just for fitness.
i just move to the Midlands can take 3 bikes on my car and don't mind driving or happy to meet there thanks.

Comments

• joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    Rode afan for the first time yday...

would suggest Cwmcarn first, as the terrain isnt as rocky.. so doesnt feel as tough as the climb up afan whites level. ;)
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Where abouts in the midlands fella? I'm in shrewsbury and often head for wales.
  • Semilha
    -Liam- wrote:
    Where abouts in the midlands fella? I'm in shrewsbury and often head for wales.[/quot

thanks for reply
    Worcester but spend most of my time at girlfriends Leamington spa.
  • Semilha
    joec1 wrote:

would suggest Cwmcarn first, as the terrain isnt as rocky.. so doesnt feel as tough as the climb up afan whites level. ;)

thanks mate hope you had a good one.
    i know them both well ,have been riding there for last 6 years usually camping but this year my mate is under the thumb and not aloud boys weekends any longer . :(
  • mounty
    mounty Posts: 682
    Why dont you try riding with us, take a look here... :-)

We sort out all sorts of rides, both local and further out....a good bunch of riders, mixed ability and fitness...but most importantly we have a good laugh !

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16119821
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Hi there

You're not far from the Malverns. If you fancy it we could go for a ride. I live in Ledbury which is just on the other side of the hills.

Myself and a mate regularly visit Cwmcarn though.
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    joec1 wrote:

I gotta say I prefer the whites climb to Carns. Each too their own I guess :)

Also somewhere is a thread where I tried to organize a ride at Afan...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    joec1 wrote:

the climb at cwmcarn is much harder than the one at whites level. the wall at afan is easier again, i think cwmcarn is a much tougher trail than either whites or the wall :D

i'd personnally reccomend the wall at afan as the climb is mostly fireroad and is quite easy and the singletrack rocks :lol::lol: pity the penhydd is closed :(
  • Semilha
    cgarossi wrote:
    Hi there

You're not far from the Malverns. If you fancy it we could go for a ride. I live in Ledbury which is just on the other side of the hills.

Myself and a mate regularly visit Cwmcarn though.

I use to ride in Malvern regularly but got myself a new bike last year that just loves flying down hill .
    so if you guys are not fitness mad i would be up for either .