Sainte Foy Tarentaise this summer... where do I ride?

eyepic
eyepic Posts: 58
edited April 2010 in Routes
Hello Folks.

I have just booked a chalet in Sainte Foy for two weeks this summer (first two weeks of August).

:D I gather that Les Arcs, Val d'Isere and Tignes are not far away. But the problem is that I have never been to the area or any of these places.

Is there anyone able to give me some guidance about where there is in the area worth cyclinmg etc.

Many thanks for any assistance

David

Comments

• patchesuk
    patchesuk Posts: 96
    Hi,

sainte foy is right next to Val D'isere & Tignes... myself and some friends are off out to Tignes this summer to see whats about... having done a few ski seasons inespace killy, there seems to be a lot of potential for Tignes!

Either way... ... 2 weeks of cheap wine.. good weather & mountains... you'll have a great trip I'm sure!
    Think I need a bigger Garage.
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I went skiing in Tignes, and I agree with the potential. Fantastic area. Have fun.
  • gbl1981
    gbl1981 Posts: 7
    Val and Tignes are only 15-20 minmutes away from St Foy Tignes is pretty DH/enduro orientated stuffy with some wooded singletrack on the way to Les Boisses. where as St Foy is more forested singltrack. Not as established and fewer lifts than say morzine but still pretty cool. Ive never been but I hear that Les Arcs is pretty decent and that's about half an hour away, down into Bourg St Maurice and then up the train from there, plan to go there this summer. Is tricky to get between them though unless you a) are very fit b) have a car or c) stay with some one hwo will drive you about. Also, might be interested to know that Tignes MTB'ing is free this year, no lift pass charge! I live there so if any one's coming out here get in touch, am always happy to go for a blast..
  • patchesuk
    patchesuk Posts: 96
    Free lift pass... loving that!
    Think I need a bigger Garage.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    gbl1981 wrote:
    Val and Tignes are only 15-20 minmutes away from St Foy Tignes is pretty DH/enduro orientated stuffy with some wooded singletrack on the way to Les Boisses. where as St Foy is more forested singltrack. Not as established and fewer lifts than say morzine but still pretty cool. Ive never been but I hear that Les Arcs is pretty decent and that's about half an hour away, down into Bourg St Maurice and then up the train from there, plan to go there this summer. Is tricky to get between them though unless you a) are very fit b) have a car or c) stay with some one hwo will drive you about. Also, might be interested to know that Tignes MTB'ing is free this year, no lift pass charge! I live there so if any one's coming out here get in touch, am always happy to go for a blast..
    Damn! Love Val and Tignes for skiing - would be great to try MTB'ing there, esp if no rip off lift charges. Might need more than 100mm of suspension travel though...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]