dalby world cup on freecaster.tv

speshyalex
speshyalex Posts: 62
edited April 2010 in MTB general
when is mtbing actually going to get recognition give its popularity/one of the biggest participant sports in uk is'nt it and get a bit of tv coverage i mean today is a world cup round ffs.and instead of watching it on a nice big telly we've got to settle for a pc screen. thank god for online sites like freecaster......

rant over!!!!

sorry!!!

enjoy the racing :D

Comments

• hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Still a pain in the ass to watch it on freecaster from what I can see also though - you need to get an content access code from SCOTT, which in order to do so you need to have a facebook account, then need to allow access to SCOTT Sports applications, etc... what a ball ache!

If anyone has a spare code , PM me ;)
  • amt27
    amt27 Posts: 320
    Freecaster? Freezecaster more like

I am watching a still image of a Scott rider with intermittent commentary of the women's race, if I keep refreshing I get a bit of video then the buffering wheel of death, then back to the still image,

I don't have the best broadband connection, but I can easily watch Iplayer and Freecaster wasn't any better when I had an 8meg connection

registering was a pain, I am not really interested in some sob story about their failed business model, although I expect better if they have a restriction on number of viewers for their bandwidth, now my facebook page is a Scott advert,
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    While I don't mind watching DH or 4X I find XC incredibly boring to watch. Which is why I'd rather be doing it than watching it.

I'm hoping 4X gets a look in at the Olympics much like BMX at the summer games and the cross board at the winter games.

Much more fun to watch...in fact probably the only thing worth watching at the summer games.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • Although the coverage isn't great it's better than nothing at all, but agree that you shouldn't have to go through all the hassle of getting becoming a fan of Scott products via FB to get some silly viewing code.

Many many years ago you used to get mountain biking on Channel 4 on a Sunday morning, even if it was just highlights of a previous weeks races

I thought Eurosport may have at least shown some highlights.....which they probably will in 3 weeks time at 4am on a Wednesday.

Likewise, rant over!
    I no longer own a Kona so the name is somewhat misleading.
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    speshyalex wrote:
    one of the biggest participant sports in uk is'nt it

Is it?

Although same problem with badminton. The number of badminton players in England compared to the number of tennis players is huge. Yet Wimbledon gets all the media coverage, and the Yonex All England Open gets next to nothing. Same with boxing, but I think a lot of that is due to the bigger channels paying to get all the coverage, then making people pay to watch their channels.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    While I don't mind watching DH

we are so used to rob warners commentary style.

yep i think my broadband connection has to be one of the worst. video keeps cutting out leave me with audio only.

:lol: Schurter outsprinted Absalon to the finish line
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    I'm gutted that they're going to charge to watch events this year... and as much as i think Rob Warner's commentary's worth 2 euro's a go if the picture quality/freezing issues/disconection problems haven't been sorted i don't think i can justify it...
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Agreed, its ridiculous! Searching frantically around the TV listings, found endless snooker (is that really a sport?), some carp fishing and even bull riding, but no MTBing....

The sport deserves more recognition.
  • Wayupnorth wrote:
    Agreed, its ridiculous! Searching frantically around the TV listings, found endless snooker (is that really a sport?), some carp fishing and even bull riding, but no MTBing....

The sport deserves more recognition.

exactly what i'm getting at!! i watched both rounds( on freecaster) but just think how much better on....say euro hd with decent sound aswell....

am i asking to much...after all all the tours(i like road btw) are televised.. :)
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    They are showing the race day on eurosport at 5 pm on thursday then again on the night