Slippery today - volcano dust?

xover_runner
xover_runner Posts: 228
Had our first rain for a while today in Herts and I was out for an hours recovery. Just seemed to be extra slippery and nearly lost front wheel twice, once on a white line nad once on a man hole cover. Bearing in mind this was at very relaxed recovery pace I wonderd if it was anything to do with volcano dust and rain - an evil slippery combination?

Anyone else noticed anything

Comments

• orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    Had our first rain for a while today in Herts and I was out for an hours recovery. Just seemed to be extra slippery and nearly lost front wheel twice, once on a white line nad once on a man hole cover. Bearing in mind this was at very relaxed recovery pace I wonderd if it was anything to do with volcano dust and rain - an evil slippery combination?

Anyone else noticed anything

Is this a wind up? i thought we all knew to avoid white lines and man hole covers when wet
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Yeah, dust + drizzle = greasy surface. Seems like it's oily or diesel even.

Saw a young girl come off a motor scooter on a bend at slo-mo pace when we had rain after nothing for weeks about 5 yrs ago, so I warned my riders.

Few hours later, caught me out as I went over a wall...DOH!!!
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I nearly lost it on a drain cover today and it felts like my back tyre was slipping quite abit, more than usual, thought It was going flat.
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    edited April 2010
    no dust here only bustard white van drivers
    going downhill slowly
  • freehub wrote:
    I nearly lost it on a drain cover today and it felts like my back tyre was slipping quite abit, more than usual, thought It was going flat.

+1 Had mine slipping quite nasty on a climb a few times. Also thought it was going flat :D
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome