Greipel interview on new RP podcast

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2010 in Pro race
It's awkward but Andre comes across as a really nice bloke in a rubbish situation. I cringed every time Matt said the word "Cav" and some of his quotes but AG dealt with them ok.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    I am probably being thick here but RP blog? :D :? Link please! :wink:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    http://www.realpeloton.com/

It's a very good podcast by Matt Rendell and Ned Boulting.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Ta muchly :)
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's a tough interview, as much as Rendell wants to probe the Cavendish angle, at least he could have shown some respect and discussed Greipel and the things he can do, for example his training methods, his sprinting style etc.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I thought this latest episode was pretty poor, and that interview was dreadful. Some really stupid questions from Rendell. Maybe he was hoping to get Greipel to comment on Cavendish's personal attacks but what was he left with when Greipel refused to do so?

Greipel is a very good sprinter in a team that is the best set-up to cater for a sprinter. Unfortunately he is competing with the best sprinter in the world - Cavendish. HTC want to win the big races, therefore it makes sense to to send their best chance - Cavendish - to those races. That means that Greipel either takes the races he can get, or goes to another team, where the lead out train may not be as good, and he has to compete against Cavendish.

Greipel's problem is that he is not as good as Cav but who else is at the moment? It's not a crime, and I am not sure any rider would be impressed by a series of questions with the loaded implication "You're not as good as your teammate, what are you going to do about it?"
    Le Blaireau (1)