which is better mavic en521 or halo freedom discs

hbrashaw
hbrashaw Posts: 286
edited April 2010 in MTB general
A long argument between me and JamesBrckman

Comments

• JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    at least spell my name right if your gonna post this crap. oh yeh, and put it in the crudcatcher.
    they're for different riding styles, so not a very good question- freedom disc's are stronger, but heavier and more expensive. you, or i don't need the extra stength of the freedoms, and i'd rather not pay more for extra strength and weight i don't need, and i like mavic rims, so i've voted for mavics
  • Laurence25
    Laurence25 Posts: 334
    EN521's are the DON !
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Well the mavic rim is from thier enduro range.

the halo rim is from their freeride "range"

I use my Freedoms on the FR bike and the SS XC bike and a play HT

Mavic used to be the rime to have but since they moved some production things have got a lot closer.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Ive got freedoms on my bike, perfect for me although they are pretty pricey and weighty
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • mf5
    mf5 Posts: 207
    I'd have the mavics over halo, light and cheaper can't complain with that
  • hbrashaw
    hbrashaw Posts: 286
    at least spell my name right if your gonna post this crap. oh yeh, and put it in the crudcatcher.
    they're for different riding styles, so not a very good question- freedom disc's are stronger, but heavier and more expensive. you, or i don't need the extra stength of the freedoms, and i'd rather not pay more for extra strength and weight i don't need, and i like mavic rims, so i've voted for mavics

Only heavier by 10g only cost £10 more

and my speeling is perfect :lol: