Customised MTB stem

****RACE-APE****
****RACE-APE**** Posts: 54
edited April 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, i am currently about to buy a NS Bikes Quark Big Stem 2010. However i would like to know any one or any ideas of who could customise it for me i.e. paint a certain style/pattern on it and make a professional job of it. However, would i be able to take it to an ordinary body shop and get it done there. I hope you get the picture of what i am trying to say. Thank you :D.

Comments

• Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Isn't a stem a bit small, I'd say you would be better off with a custom saddle cover or something, or an extra bit of detailing on the frame
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • not to me :D i just wanted to put a nice touch to my bike...
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Airbrush artist, signwriter or even a custom printed sticker/vinyl graphic would be worth looking into it just depends on the design you want putting on.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • ok thanks. the design is nothing fancy, just a stylish union jack or something like that....
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    Find your nearest college that does fine art, digital art, graphic design or something similar. You'll be able to pay a cutting edge and fresh designer about £50 or less to do something totally unique that a commercial company would charge you loads more for. :D
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    andyrm wrote:
    Find your nearest college that does fine art, digital art, graphic design or something similar. You'll be able to pay a cutting edge and fresh designer about £50 or less to do something totally unique that a commercial company would charge you loads more for. :D
    What as opposed to a pro airbrusher or sign writer who can do it in no time and use th right paints/sticker? if you already have a concept drawing it won't cost much at all.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Ok thanks people :D
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    pitsopdesigns in northweald essex could do this for you.
    they have some funky way of laying on various designs
  • nwmlarge wrote:
    pitsopdesigns in northweald essex could do this for you.
    they have some funky way of laying on various designs
    ok ill look them up.