Whyte 19 Trail steel

Happy Harry
Happy Harry Posts: 345
edited April 2010 in Your mountain bikes
I've had this three weeks now and I can't stop grinning. It's so quick and just soars up hills. I keep looking for steeper ones! I thought this was a nice pic at the top of a hill in the Wylye Valley, just south of Salisbury Plain, this week.

whyte_800.jpg

Prop stand. Yeh, I know :roll: :lol:
Canyon XC 8.0 '11
Whyte 19 steel '10

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Nice. Differences to the Alu one? ( Besides it being steel, lol .)
  • Happy Harry
    Splottboy wrote:
    Differences to the Alu one?
    £550 cheaper!! :?

I didn't really compare the Aluminium 19 Trail as the retro look and the allegedly springier ride of the steel was what attracted me. I think this one competes more with the 905 component-wise (and price-wise).
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • Laurence25
    Laurence25 Posts: 334
    OMG thats beautiful ! i think i am in love :D:D:D
  • Happy Harry
    Laurence25 wrote:
    ...i think i am in love...
    4chsmu1.gif
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    That is very cool, but it has a stand ???
  • Nice bike. Shame about the mudguards. I have taken mine off and they will stay off until winter unless there is a massive downpour and a long ride to do . Bikes look cack with them on.

PS Steel is real :)

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Happy Harry
    Levi_501 wrote:
    That is very cool, but it has a stand ???
    Umm, no, not really :oops: . I like to have a stand even if it isn't cool, probably left over from my motorcycling days. It saves trying to find something to lean the bike on so it's less likely to get scratched, it weighs almost nothing and you can take great photos without having a tree or rock spoiling the background :D
    Shame about the mudguards
    Criticism accepted! In fact, I took them off yesterday. I've decided to keep my old Kona Kula instead of selling it and that will be a designated mud plugger. Poor thing - it doesn't deserve it, but that's life ...

Harry :wink:
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • supercyril
    supercyril Posts: 201
    Excellent bike mate. I took one of these for a demo as they didnt have an alu one available. I almost bought a steel one instead.

i knew it was just a matter of time til stands made a comeback!
  • Happy Harry
    supercyril wrote:
    i knew it was just a matter of time til stands made a comeback!
    It's seems a shame to put the bike on the floor or have to find something soft to lean it on every time you go through a gate or stop for a drink. A quick flick with your toe and problem solved. Of course I've got the advantage of being old - so convenience takes precedence over style. I'm past caring what people think about me :lol:
    Stoo61 wrote:
    What are the cranks?
    They're the metal bits that the pedals screw into.

Sorry sorry :lol: FSA Afterburner.

Cheers
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • Kubase
    Kubase Posts: 17
    Lovely, I really like the Whyte steelies. I ended up with a 901, but I reckon that if the shop had had one of those in I would have gone for it. They did have a 19Ti in which was incredible, but £ 4k.