Trek 8500

Levi_501
Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
edited May 2010 in Your mountain bikes
As some of the parts are now arriving, (ever so slightly excited. 8) ) I thought I would got for a bit of a dry run.

Still waiting for:
Bottom bracket beaings
Hope Hoops
XTR M971 rear mech
EC90 post stem

Sneeky pic

8500Build.jpg

I am well chuffed so far

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    Looking good !
    Don't Easton say not to use bar ends on their EC90 bars tho?..I went for the EC70's cos of that ! ...think yours will need angling down tho lol
  • Levi_501
    BB90 bottom bracket now fitted, as is the chain set, rear mech and seat post.

Just waiting on the Hope Hoops. I was hoping they would be here for the weekend.

Tyres wise, I went for some Race King Supersonic 2.2's - amazingly light !

TJ - Bar ends are just on mock up at the moment, will be nearly flat when on properly.
  • gunga73
    gunga73 Posts: 125
    Gonna be a very nice bike mate
  • Levi_501
    Hope Hoops are here 8)

Pics to follow :wink:
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    This is going to be one awesome bike!
  • Levi_501
    Few cans and a pizza later...

01.jpg

Few things to tweek, the front mech is not 100%, handle bars etc, but all in all, pretty darn good 8)

Quick blast around the green; goes like sh one t off a shovel, feels realy light, but most importantly, ubber ubber sexy 8)
  • Levi_501
    Took her out this evening to Swinley; cannot believe how fast it rides, almost running away from me :shock:

Climbs very well, very twitchy and responsive. Few tweeks of the bars and bar ends to make it fit

One problem I did encounter was the seat post kept slipping down. May have to look into getting a double seat clamp.