Mountain biking in Cyprus last year

PRM
PRM Posts: 14
edited April 2010 in Routes
Hello,

As i now have hydraulic oil, rubber and grease running through my mountain-biking body i decided to take the advice from MBUK and get out riding abroad. I've been sorting through my holiday snaps from Cyprus. I got married there last year and took some time out to go riding with Mountain Bike Cyprus <After the wedding of course, just incase i broke anything!

I managed to get a days riding up in the mountains which was excellent (and cooler than walking along the beach) It was UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Lots of the trails are old mining routes, singletrack, fast and the views are excellent. There is also the odd errie deserted house following the Turkish invasion.

I have attached a couple of pics, So next time your going on holiday to Cyprus, book in some time for riding and send your missus to the SPA!

4544868747_1f7b93f2f7_m.jpg

4544872351_4b7526034e_m.jpg

4545507234_48178c9f2b_m.jpg

>> This year being the romantic i am for our 1st wedding aniversary we are going to Fort William to watch the world cup round up there :-) <<

Paul

Comments

• Duggan13
    Duggan13 Posts: 75
    My girlfriends parents live in Cyprus (the Turkish half though) and we go out there occasionly so I've had this kind of thing in the back of my mind for next time.

Whereabouts in Cyprus did you go biking? I'm presuming it was the Greek half somewhere after reading your post?
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    Nice pics :) Heading out to Northern Cyprus (occupied cyprus) this summer and hoping to rent a bike for some of that time. Can't wait!
  • PRM
    Hello Guys.

I stayed in Paphos (Greek Cypriut side) and they picked me up from the resort. Definatley hire a bike or go on a ride its amazing!
  • PRM
    Hello Guys.

I stayed in Paphos (Greek Cypriut side) and they picked me up from the resort. Definatley hire a bike or go on a ride its amazing!