Right inner tube for new tyre?

unseenuk
unseenuk Posts: 10
edited April 2010 in The workshop
Morning...

First timer so be gentle! :lol: (ooer!)

I've got a Specialized Crosstrail Comp, had it for a few months, done the work run a few times before being hit by the puncture fairy *sigh* all fixed, then now the weathers nice (and my legs out of a cast) went for a ride with my eldest daughter up a local cycle track only to find the one tiny piece of glass on the whole track! GRRRR

So tonite I popped out and bought a Shwalbe Marathon plus to replace the rear (will do the front once payday arrives). Now I bought a 700x38 is this a suitable replacement for the Borough CX 700x45 that came with the bike? If not what should I pick up?? Main use is the commute and some cycle route/canal tracks..

Secondly, will my spare innertube at 700x35-44 be ok with that tyre or again do I need to find a replacement?

Sorry if they sound daft questions, just don't want to mess up the new pride n joy ;)

Cheers!
Specialized Crosstrail - Commuter/Everyday

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Both tyre and spare tube will be fine. The Marathon's are one of the most flat proof tyres made. Not the lightest or fastest tyre but very tough and long wearing.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Tyres & tube will be fine, fitting the M+ can be a challenge but patience and elbow grease will get there in the end.
    <a>road</a>