RadioShack Positive!

blazing_saddles
blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
edited April 2010 in Pro race
Yes....it's finally happened, Bruyneel's duck is broken.
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/3902/ ... terol.aspx
Not sure if this is a minor major, or a major minor. :roll:
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It's just a minor I would say.

But as you say, the duck is broken...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Who? Must be rated as minor surely.
  • Just another one of the many "asthmatics" wheezing along in the peloton until they're caught........ :roll:
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    iainf72 wrote:
    It's just a minor I would say.

But as you say, the duck is broken...
    Not necessarily - he could be cleared.

Benoit Joachim (positive for nandrolone in 2000 while at USPS), was cleared and reinstated into the team after the Luxembourg federation deemed it was too long between testing his A and B samples.

Back to breaking of ducks, does Frankie Andreu count?
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Clenbuterol is listed as an anabolic agent in the IOC banned list. This is also the drug that beef cattle farmers have controversially used in order to make their animals produce additional muscle. Apparently in the USA it is illegal to prescribe Clenbuterol for human use, even for a legitimate medical reason...
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    This positive control is all part of the grand plan.

You can hear the spin now...

Yes, the plague of doping even impacts the upstarts of Radioshack, making poor Lance, Levi, Horner, and Klodi feel all sad and blue.

The Hog will come out tonight and say that real professionals never dope (citing disco and last year's Astana as evidence).

The Hog and Lance will then restate the fact that they remain committed to the fight against doping, causing Paul and Phil to lose consciousness in orgasmic delight.

I don't think the duck is broken...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    3 positives in 48 hours, all in different races. That's gotta be some kind of record.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    Shows that at least some of the tests are working!
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Doping at Radioshack,Postal,Discovery ......Thats a shocker eh :D
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's like nabbing one of Ronnie Bigg's train robbery crew for a parking ticket.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    How peculiar.
    Usually riders wait until they leave Bruyneel before they start even trying performance enhancing drugs. They just ride on bread and water whilst they're with him.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I imagine the clowns over at the cyclingnews forum have had a spontaneous communal orgasm.

Ultimately it's a lowly rider caught with a lowly drug. Any team PR guy can easily spin that - I could. It won't impact the team much but the anti-Lance fundamentalists* will have a field day.

*By this I mean not those who think that LA doped, but those who think that him and Bruyneel are pure evil.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    clen is a weird drug for a cyclist to get caught with. It is mostly used by bodybuilders to cut fat before a competition.
    I believe it elevates the metabolism to cause fat loss.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    Stuey01 wrote:
    clen is a weird drug for a cyclist to get caught with. It is mostly used by bodybuilders to cut fat before a competition.
    I believe it elevates the metabolism to cause fat loss.

If it is a way to cut fat, how is it surpising that a cyclist would use it?

skeletor.jpg
  • BikingBernie
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ultimately it's a lowly rider caught with a lowly drug. Any team PR guy can easily spin that...
    You seem to be doing quite a bit of 'spinning' yourself. For one it's use has been banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for both human use and for animals raised for food.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I googled it and the web seems full of people using it for weight loss and similar properties.

Given the widespread suspicions of blood manipulation on a massive scale, this is tiny. An embarrassment for the team, it seems poor Li Fuyu went native in Belgium.
  • BikingBernie
    Kléber wrote:
    Given the widespread suspicions of blood manipulation on a massive scale, this is tiny.
    Yes, relatively speaking and depending on the dosages used, the abuse of a steroid like Clenbuterol is not in the same league as Epo use and "800 ml of packed cells" blood doping.

I now look forward to all those who usually argue that blood doping and Epo use are no different to what went on in the past coming forward in order to argue that there is a big difference between the abuse of steroids and so forth (as happened in the past) and modern-era blood doping practices. :wink:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Maybe he'll get a retrospective TUE. :wink:
  • sorry to say it Bruyneel/lance team doping....shocked - no.